Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWynde - Crashed in ocean

tekkon7tekkon761 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2013 in Finished Work #1
Well, I'm calling this one done at last. Having a baby, then loosing my CentOS/Blender box in the middle of modeling it didn't exactly help on timelines, but it's done all the same.

I added as much damage as I could, and re-did a lot of the landscaping. The addition of the enahnced views, and sensor data, finalized what I needed before the latest post. I wish I could model this further, but it's time to move on to my next article and model.
103129.jpg
103130.png
103131.png
103132.png
103133.jpg
Post edited by tekkon7 on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Congratulations on the baby. :)

That's some really nice work. I hope you didn't lose and have to redo too much of it after losing your modeling computer. (redoing the landscape sounds bad enough) Is the landscape all Blender or did you use some kind of landscape generator?
  • tekkon7tekkon761 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks!

Thankfully I keep my home folder sync'ed on my NFS replica so I didn't lose any modeling or work. However, rebuilding the box under dual boot, getting Eclipse, Blender, GIMP, MySql tools, Beyond Compare, etc... all working along with the right kernel drivers is such a pain. I bought a drive dock afterwards so I can DD the drive and that will never happen again!

The landscape is all Blender, a large plane, then I randomly modified the height everywhere, with some custom areas to embed the ship in. The last step was the skin from my Vastus model I did before. I pumped the normals on the desert planet texture to an extremely level to give it the rugged look.

Again, thank you. I really enjoyed this model.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's good that you had your modeling stuff backed up. I've lost everything in a HD failure before, so I know how much that sucks.
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    The model was inspired by early this year of a similar ''ship'' in the Baltic Sea?
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool renders, but i'm not sure exactly what it is.
    meugen06 wrote: »
    The model was inspired by early this year of a similar ''ship'' in the Baltic Sea?

It's funny you should mention that. The model wasn't but an important part of the story was. I was wondering if/when someone would figure it out.
    cool renders, but i'm not sure exactly what it is.

Thank you! The story behind it is on the shipyards. It's basically a museum collector ship that went missing and was found on the bottom of an ocean world.