Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DNew Federation & Romulan Ship

bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hi All
Just thought I'd show you some drawings I have been throwing around.
One is my take on the next Enterprise ...the Enterprise G. She is a mash of the Ent D and E.
Also is my idea for a Romulan Warbird. Tried to come up with a different variation to the Klingon BOP
positionable wing. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
New 3d model by AdamKop
102733.jpg
100221.jpg
Post edited by bobafett on
Tagged:

• anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    very nice sketches, i like where you're going with the "g" but the side profile just seems too minimalistic for my taste.

also, the "bird of prey" wasnt even a klingon design, it originated as a Romulan design, i forget if they were allies or it was stolen tech.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good but perhaps the romulan ship needs larger wings and as smaller fuselage. some of the details on the sketches are quite faint. your enterprise is nice but the hooked curvature of the underside shown in the side view is a bit sharp, very nice nacelles and i like that frame covering the cntre and rear of the dish area. the romulan ship looks good in the side view but the angled view seems to show a very different design.
    i think the Romulan side-view is shown with the wings removed ?

btw, what was your inspiration for that one? it reminds me a lot of a toy my son used to have, but i just cant remember exactly what the thing looked like.

i'm also curious about how you plan to do engines? the wing pylons look more like weapons than warp nacelles, so i'm guessing some sort of engine like the original k-bops?
  • bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the great feedback. With the Ent G I was trying to minimise the secondary hull since the Ent J doesnt have one at all.And I try to incorporate the star trek logo in my ship designs....so there she is on the saucer and curving down the spine.
    And yes the side vie is just an interior minus the nacelles and exterior shell. The shell is loosely based on the Rebel Transport. The wings close up yet still expose the main disruptor cannon on the nose. The nacelles are supposed to be like the talons of an eagle. They attach at the top and curve down so only the lower spike protrude below the protective shell.
  • RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    I like your Enterprise very much, particularly the shuttlebay and impulse engines area.
    I have to say though, it may be because of the perspective, but the start of the nacelle pylons on the secondary hull looks like a very weak spot.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    I see what you mean....any suggestions? Just dont want her to loose the swept back look.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    The Klings and the Rommies were allies once....

TBH, the design of the G is weird. It seems TOO organic.
    And the BoP is, while a nice merge between the TOS BoP and the Klingon B'Rel, somewhat odd looking.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I think the only reason that area looks like such a weak spot is the way the spine narrows and forms into the pylon area. I could imagine that being a beefier setup if more views were provided. However, if you want to change it I'd suggest terminating the spine like the Galaxy-class at the aft torpedo launcher so it doesn't draw so much attention when we're trying to figure out where one thing (the spine) ends and another (the pylons) begins. This change doesn't even have to be drastic; maybe just some panel lines to break up the huge open area and provide some relief to the eyes. Something else to consider; widen the secondary hull a bit so it merges into the pylons a bot more smoothly. It could be easily done without destroying the organic feel of the side view and not tampering too much with the dorsal and ventral views.

Overall, I really, really like this Enterprise design. The organic aesthetic in the side view is beautiful, although it's odd how the same feel isn't there in the top view. That's not a bad thing in the lease, just a note. I'm not normally a fan of nacelles being spaced wider than the saucer is wide, but that's just personal preference and you've somehow made it a very appealing aspect of your design.
    the E-E is actually my 2nd favorite behind the A, and like you i wouldnt want to lose too much of the sleekness either.

until more detail goes in, and it gets more "character" i couldnt really make any suggestions yet, aside from this one:

before you go any further, try to design it from the inside out. getting an idea of how it will work, and how to arrange things to fit will help you as you fill in details, and see "empty" spaces where you need to find something to fill them
  • SawgittariusSawgittarius0 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting design)
    I like this ship even more now! :)
    Apparently I didn't fully understood the shape of the nacelles on the original drawing. They look amazing and are very original, the mix of Defiant-like plasma grills and a more traditional nacelle shape works really well, even if it doesn't make a lot of technical sense.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That is one very interesting ship design. The color images look fantastic!
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Looks great. Nice sweeping lines.

I've noticed something about a lot of future Trek designs. While the over-all look of many of them appear in Trek's future, the technology seems to be the same in that a lot of the same details of known devices and systems are used. The challenge is to advance the tech that impacts the design, and still maintain the Star Trek look. I know it's not easy because I've done a million damn doodles that all look like crap. The three main features of primary hull, secondary hull, and nacelles really lock you into a look.
    Thanks to AdamKop for producing this 3d render for me. Then I took it into photoshop to add some details.
    102434.jpg102435.jpg
    G1.jpg 282.6K
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    amazing work, I love those lines...
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Love it! :thumb:
    It looks very cool on 3D. Any chance of seeing her from different angles?
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That looks very nice!
    Here is the underside view. Modelled by Adamkop and touched up in photoshop by me.
    102728.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    I dig the deflector and drive section on this ship SO much. I want to play with that, try to integrate some of that ethos into my Vengeance Mecha and maybe take another crack at an Arrowhead type with that on the bottom, if you don't mind.
    Amazing, I just love this design.
    Isn't the registry number on the bottom saucer inverted, or is it supposed to be like that?
    Thanks Rekkert for some reason I thought it was that way...good spotting!
    Interested to see what you come up with Blue Neumann.
    Here is the schematics without much touching up
    102732.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I don't know how I missed this before. That's a really neat design.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    bobafett wrote: »
    Here is the underside view. Modelled by Adamkop and touched up in photoshop by me.

It really has a Stargate SG-1 vibe going for it.

When trek crosses over....