Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationEmpire Strikes Back CG Recreate

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2013 in Finished Work #1
Tried Recreating the Scene Sequence from Empire. Audio is actual track from flick.

[video=vimeo;72286315]

Some Previous Star Wars.....

[video=vimeo;54125986]

[video=vimeo;67851770]

Have been in a slump as to having ideas, so I tried recreating one.... :D

Best Regards,

Randal R.
102884.png
Post edited by RandalR on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i'm short of time right now. i'll watch them and comment what i think tomorrow or saturday. knowing your stuff, it will probably be pretty good.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. The only issue I found with it was that some of the asset speeds seemed inconsistent in some shots. Rather than running a a constant speed some of them seemed to start at rest at the beginning of a shot, or seemed to speed up or slow down over te course of the shot. If you can sort out these minor issues this will look spot on. Nice work.
    RandalR wrote: »
    Best Regards,

Randal R.
    i enjoyed it but it seemed the contrast was too high, some parts very dark others very bright. no real shade between the two. i liked the angles, and of course anything with that music to it is automatically quite cool. a nice choice of angles and well shot.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    You have seen the movie it's based on, right?

:p

That's pretty much how it is lit in TESB, harsh stark lighting as would be appropriate to being in space.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Nice. The only issue I found with it was that some of the asset speeds seemed inconsistent in some shots. Rather than running a a constant speed some of them seemed to start at rest at the beginning of a shot, or seemed to speed up or slow down over te course of the shot. If you can sort out these minor issues this will look spot on. Nice work.

yeah, I did not change the the track points from a spline (oops and it shows) so they have that gradual curve.

thnx.
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    You have seen the movie it's based on, right?

:p

That's pretty much how it is lit in TESB, harsh stark lighting as would be appropriate to being in space.

yeah i've seen the film but not recently. in space lighting might be quite harsh but there is just something strange about the lighting here. still very good work.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    For the record, I tried duplicating the look of the actual flick.

In fact, the Tie Fighters look much better and are lit more appropriately.

Except for the first shot, the lighting is pretty much how I see it in the flick.
    I was going to add the actual footage, but last time I did that the Vid was booted by YT.
    Besides, mine looks better than the original :D lol

Thanks for looking and commenting. I usually do not get many..... :D

Regards,