Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DInterceptor

13»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I've never read it.

The choice of fonts actually wasn't that easy. I had over 500 retro fonts to look through on Dafont. There were some that were decent, but they had shareware or donation ware licenses. I even avoided the ones with "free for personal use" licenses, because I don't know what will eventually be done with this model. (the font I was using for the numbers and that's in the background has a "free for personal use" license) I don't want to have to change it later if I use the font for this project or another that's done on a paid basis. So, I went with free or public domain (or non-specified) licenses so that I can avoid that. That does limit your selection. Plus, I avoided any fonts that I liked that didn't include numbers, because I need numbers. Then I downloaded the "finalists" and went into Inkscape and did some test text for the ship. Some fonts were really cool and looked great for the name, but I didn't like the way the number looked. Others had cool shape to the letters but then they ran together, which can cause problems when you add the outline.

FontEx.jpg
    (this isn't necessarily one I intended to use, but it's an example of what I'm talking about ;))

There are ways around that, but I didn't feel like messing with it.

In case you can't tell, I take my font selection very seriously. ;)

Edit: Hm, I just noticed on this font site that I can hit "Advanced" on the filter and narrow the list down to specific licenses. I wish I'd noticed that yesterday. :lol:
    102924.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    I was considering doing an all black one. I still may, though lighting it will be a pill. ;)

Do it in black and gray.
    For now, the red version is may favourite. ;)