Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DU.S.S. UNIVERSE (class)

2»

• vmblastvmblast3 Posts: 0Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Not exactly my cup of tea, but I really appreciate the graceful lines on this one, which give the design its own kind of beauty.

Thank you very much :)

That was my initial intention -to make design elegant and withing Ent D (TNG) philosophy, worthy of next-next generation in the 25th century. Especially worthy of Gene Roddenberry and his benevolent and peaceful vision of the human evolution.
    joededman wrote: »
    I'm having a little difficulty imagining the size of this ship. Perhaps something in the renders to give us an idea of the scale?

Thanks,

joe

Hmm yeah, here is one screen with some comparison Ive made recently. Tho I dont have measures on it, Ent F is 512m long so you can have some picture.

25 C federation ships.jpg

PS -I maybe overscaled Universe class a bit lol -but it should be larger than Helios. Universe should be a flagship worthy of the Federation. ;)

PPS -it wasn't my intention to start making fleet...its just one of those spontaneous and non intentional things ;)
    102703.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4041 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,303Member
    Whoa, this thing is huge! The angle could be deceiving me, but I think you could fly a Sovereign Class though the ring.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    vmblast wrote: »
    Thank you :)

I was playing with idea (which was interesting to me) that this ship could have -dual synchronous cores- and Ive done little hatches placeholders on the bottom of the ring :p

Attachment not found.

However Ive not decided yet about that, so your idea that -one- warp core could be housed inside primary hull (saucer) and the rest of the -stuff- in secondary (ring), is actually good as well ;)
    My main reason for saying so is that all the warp cores we've seen were fairly voluminous together with their M/AM stores, and it doesn't seem like the ring could house one warp core, especially behind the deflector and it's equipment, which would be the logical place.
    Ergo, the warp core is inside the main hull, and all that space in the ring is for other stuff.

Also, that's one huge ship. She feels smaller. I was expecting her to have a saucer roughly the size of that of the D class...
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Whoa, this thing is huge! The angle could be deceiving me, but I think you could fly a Sovereign Class though the ring.

Yeah, I maybe overcrank it a bit. Here is updated image. Tho I've still not settled the scale numbers (meter) for this class yet.
    25 C federation ships.jpg

And one compare screen with Ent D -just for scale ;)
    25 C federation ships2.jpg
    102714.jpg102715.jpg
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    My main reason for saying so is that all the warp cores we've seen were fairly voluminous together with their M/AM stores, and it doesn't seem like the ring could house one warp core, especially behind the deflector and it's equipment, which would be the logical place.
    Ergo, the warp core is inside the main hull, and all that space in the ring is for other stuff.

Yeah thats good thinking as well, which Ive not considered before. Thats why Im still open to this idea as well ;)

This was my initial idea for placing -dual synchronous cores-.
    warp.jpg
    102716.jpg
    warp.jpg 412.5K
    Yeah thats good thinking as well, which Ive not considered before. Thats why Im still open to this idea as well ;)

This was my initial idea for placing -dual synchronous cores-.
    warp.jpg
    Wouldn't seperate dual cores give problems with synchronysation? Also, those look E-D scale. I'm not sure that's enough power for a ship this size...
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    This is sci fi, the ship has enough power if the designer says it does.
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    I like the dual core idea, but I'm not sure about positioning them that far out into the ring. Personally I would put them at the edges of the bulge/pod section. That might just be my eyes deceiving me about the actual space available in the 3d view, though.
    This is sci fi, the ship has enough power if the designer says it does.
    If you're playing in a previously defined universe, it's at least nice to try and maintain consistency with what came before.
    slybrarian wrote: »
    I like the dual core idea, but I'm not sure about positioning them that far out into the ring. Personally I would put them at the edges of the bulge/pod section. That might just be my eyes deceiving me about the actual space available in the 3d view, though.
    Putting them next to the warp engines would give them more room. And less of those terribly long plasma conduits to maintain :D
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    your ship is huge, is it some kind of super-dreadnought. an exploration vessel for super long ranges, a carrier?
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    If you're playing in a previously defined universe, it's at least nice to try and maintain consistency with what came before.

Putting them next to the warp engines would give them more room. And less of those terribly long plasma conduits to maintain :D

Your idea is interesting as well. Than you for this suggestion ;)
    your ship is huge, is it some kind of super-dreadnought. an exploration vessel for super long ranges, a carrier?

Well its not that huge -it should be just a little bit larger (I have in mind saucer section) than Ent D's. And I wouldnt classify it as dreadnought, because that term (as a symbol) is malevolent. So maybe more like a ultra-heavy cruiser. Just nice and simple ;) Also it should be like a flagship class, so ship for all purposes -deep space exploration, long duration missions, border patrol... (except carrier lol)
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    If I am not mistaken there already is a canon Universe class starship (the ENT-J)
    Your idea is interesting as well. Than you for this suggestion ;)
    :cool: You are welcome.
    VK08 wrote: »
    If I am not mistaken there already is a canon Universe class starship (the ENT-J)

Lol, didnt know that its the name of her class. Now, Im glad that Ive name mine like that -J is horrible looking ship :(
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Really love your work in general. Super modern design and all. Kudos also for your other works on your website ;)

The only thing I am wondering is the lack of textures on your ships...maybe it is because of your software ? If you are using Maya, I understand why: I never understood how to work the textures on that program (complex).
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    komaro wrote: »
    Really love your work in general. Super modern design and all. Kudos also for your other works on your website ;)

The only thing I am wondering is the lack of textures on your ships...maybe it is because of your software ? If you are using Maya, I understand why: I never understood how to work the textures on that program (complex).
    ...its a work in progress most people texture there models on the last process beacuse textures hide alot of the detail work that you need to see when modeling
    komaro wrote: »

Thank you.

And to answer your question -its working in progress, so there is practically non of the details in there except basic shape and positioning. So no decks (windows), no phaser arrays, no shuttle bays, no textures...just placeholders ;) ...so its pretty much what colbmista said.

Maya is awesome software and its very easy unwrapping UV's and doing texture placements in it.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Very interesting ship! Glad it's only slightly larger than the D, at first I thought the USS Brasilia was the Ent-D and I cringed. Keep up the great work on the design!
    japetus wrote: »
    Very interesting ship! Glad it's only slightly larger than the D, at first I thought the USS Brasilia was the Ent-D and I cringed. Keep up the great work on the design!

Thank you very much and I will :D
  • CaptRicoSakaraCaptRicoSakara171 Posts: 0Member
    Your Universe-Class is a beautiful design. I might make a LEGO moc up of this piece one of these days. If I do, or I use elements of this on a lego starship design, I'll be sure to send you pics. Keep up the good work! =3
    Your Universe-Class is a beautiful design. I might make a LEGO moc up of this piece one of these days. If I do, or I use elements of this on a lego starship design, I'll be sure to send you pics. Keep up the good work! =3

Lol thats great and go a head, sure love to see that (and thank you) :D
  • bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
    Smooth and Elegant! Especially like how it joins onto the Saucer on the top to surround the main shuttlebay or possibly your impulse area. Great design!
    bobafett wrote: »
    Smooth and Elegant! Especially like how it joins onto the Saucer on the top to surround the main shuttlebay or possibly your impulse area. Great design!

Thank you ;) However, part of that credit goes to Andy, as I was being influenced and inspired by his work and philosophy :D
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    With the comparison side views you posted, The Universe ship looks a lot better balanced......even without the secondary hull. The extended nacelles give it the visual balance that the earlier version lacked. ( Being a floral design artist in my career - I look at things form a design principles and elements perspective )