Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DSomething a bit different.

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
edited August 2013 in Work in Progress #1
For something different. Decided to take another break from the 3d stuff. Started fooling about with something new and seeing Picard in the one doodle I sorta went to trek stuff again.
It is something new to me and all ref free atm but I think I should go find something akin to this to use as refs since my color sense sucks badly. I recently seen a few trek comics where they were not the typical xerox type American art drawings. They looked more like game concept work. It sorta inspired me to do this not to mention looking at a more free style where men's caricature faces are a bit more fun to do. I had a hoot with the romulan laughing most of the time. Anyone familiar with 4chan will probably see it. It was unintentional but it sort of "leaked" in I guess. Idea was "smarmy politician" or what a used romulan shuttle salesman would look like.

As for the work itself I am attempting this with just the paint brush and forcing myself to not use detail sizes so 24~60point leaning to the latter. I guess it is just repetition to get better at this. I probably should look for some faces to reference too and distort the features. I spent about 5~10 for the fiorst 2 and a bit more on the romulan.
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.
Tagged:

• Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    These are great, I need to force myself to do these types of drawing. Good work.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    Thanks, it is a weak point of mine not going illustration style with lines and all that. It is a bit hard to keep loose though and not zoom into detail things up. I really gotta work on color use under painting the variations of skintone to get that look. Too used to anime and illustration where I would just flat tone things.

update;
    A not so creative Andorian. Got a bit to plain with this. Wanted to add a bit of that egghead shape from TMP, oh well. Might have another go at them later on.

mm who next? or should I get away from the trek?

moved one of the images from post 1 here
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Cool. I did some character concepts but outside of the Aquatics (which COULD be rendered in CGI) I didn't post any. I like the exaggerated look in yours, I could see them being animated.
    These are just for fun there is no plan or future use of the things.

update:
    a Spoon. Attempting to eliminate any human face with bits on by altering things and hinting at recognizable features. Dunno.

Still think the romulan was the best so far.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    These drawings look very nice. :)
    I decided to upload one in progress. I did things a bit different and dud some light sketching first vs just painting in the darks etc.
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    I dig it. Love that Cardassian the most for some reason. :)
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    'I really don't understand that 'Julius Caesar' character. He surely would know that Brutus would betray him, right? What a fool...'

Atleast, that's the feeling I get from the smug on the Cardassian's face ;)
  • RekkertRekkert4041 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,303Member
    I love them!

That Cardassian reminds me a bit of Moff Tarkin on his stance, looking all menacing and superior.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice works here.
    Here is the Klingon sorta copped out on him. Gave him short hair something rare.
    pffff
    ferengi this time
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Hehe!