Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNX01 Refit Beauty Shot - Shameless Promotional Image

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Finished Work #1
As everyone probably knows by now, I've been working with Doug Drexler and Rob Bolivar on the ST: Enterprise Season 5 Netflix campaign. Well this morning Doug was kind enough to allow me the use of a few ships for banners that I have been wanting to use from the beginning, notably the SS Conestoga (from the episode Terra Nova) and his Refit NX01, so here, along with all of it's shameless self promotion for the cause, is the Refit Nx01 Beauty Shot as she appears on Facebook..

enjoy.
101825.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    it shows her off quite well. something about the lighting on the ship makes it look unrealistic though but i cannot tell what.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    @Spacefighter: there's a very reflective surface on it, you may be picking some of that up, it's a lot more shiney than the first iteration of the NX01. When Pierre remodeled it for Doug, he made the surfaces slightly different.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks good Jen!
    Maybe, in season 5, we will see the Romulan Wars? :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a really great render. Though, I have to agree with spacefighter about the lighting. Less ambient light in your lights may make the ship look better, given the material changes. But, that's just my opinion. Still, even with that, I think it looks fantastic. It reminds me of something from a book cover.

If they do a Season 5, they'll either have to skip to after the Romulan Wars or just pretend that the Enterprise finale never happened. (personally, I like that option because I loath that episode) Because, in that episode, we saw the Enterprise in the year 2161 without the added secondary hull. Though, I would definitely like to see the Romulan war, so I hope they do that.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    ...If they do a Season 5, they'll either have to skip to after the Romulan Wars or just pretend that the Enterprise finale never happened...

Wel, the Akiraprise can be destroyed (or damaged and retired) in the first episode, and DrexlerA’s ship can go ahead. :D
    OOOPpppsss. just forgot the year.... 2161 is to close to the end of the conflict...
    Yeah, the Enterprise finale takes place after the war, when the alliance of "good guys" who fought the Romulans formalized their continued alliance by signing the Federation charter. That's what Archer is on his way to do in the episode. That's the part of the episode that I actually like. The rest is crap.
    The going consensus is to scrap These are the Voyages and go straight from the end of Terra Prime..
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    It's very nice. My only crit is that stacking it on top of the planet makes it harder to read the ship's new outline. I'd suggest making the planet a lot bigger, so much so that you only get a hint of the curvature, and have the ship placed in a plain-spot (over an ocean maybe?) so that it reads better.

Nice, tho. :)
    Nano: actually that's a good idea :)
    VK08 wrote: »
    The going consensus is to scrap These are the Voyages and go straight from the end of Terra Prime..

Excellent. Terra Prime is an awesome episode. Whenever I watch my DVDs of the series, that's as far as I watch, so it pretty much is the finale for me. These are the Voyages was more like they were giving the finger to those of us who enjoyed the series and were loyal.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That image looks gorgeous. I also do like the notion of ignoring These are the Voyages altogether. That episode should have never existed.
  • sebasvideosebasvideo0 Posts: 0Member
    It would be cool if they released the mesh for download. Anyone knows where can I get a nice model?
    sebasvideo wrote: »
    It would be cool if they released the mesh for download. Anyone knows where can I get a nice model?
    unfortunately it's not going to happen, it's a studio mesh, Doug was kind enough to let me play with it for personal projects and the Enterprise campaign..
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    sebasvideo wrote: »

Yea, the NX-01 and Refit models VK is using, are the production CG models.

Releasing them would be like ILM releasing the CG Enterprise from JJ's Trek movies... or the various autobots, etc. from Transformers.

However, WileyCoyote makes a very nice moderate poly NX-01 and NX-01 Refit.

I think you can get both of them from BCFiles.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro