Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFleet

MarkOmMarkOm0 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey All

I just wanted to start off by saying that this forum is amazing and all the projects that I have looked at have inspired me even more.

I just wanted to add what I have been working on and have attached some screenshot. As you are all Scifi enthusiasts, I would love to have your opinion on what I have created, and ways that I can improve it.

Below is a Battleship that I have created
0750.png
0260.png

The animation path on this video isnt the best, but I just wanted to get a fell for what the ship looked like. The ship has been slightly updated now but this is still what it pretty much looks like.

This Video is of three of my ships in scale to each other. I have created another small fighter since this vid, but im happy with how this looks.

Thank you
102244.png
102245.png
Post edited by MarkOm on

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    whats that big fat ship
  • MarkOmMarkOm0 Posts: 0Member
    Its a transport ship for transport very large items, or other ships

I attached a screenshot of the front
    transpot1.png
    102249.png
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    I can't really get much from the pictures. The first two are kinda small and the third one is dark. From the video, It looks interesting, but it needs something... maybe antennae or more variations in greys of the hull
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    both the pictures and the videos are too dark really. the idea of designing a whole load of new stuff is great but the smaller craft do seem a bit blocky. i watched some of your other stuff on youtube "sci fly through test1" and thought the motion in it was excellent but the models featured(especially the ship) were still too blocky and the buildings lacked any texture. will look forward to seeing what you do. also as a tip, although your renders and videos are very dark it appeared that your capital ships were basic extended boxes with a pointed end and some greebling, i would suggest adding some extra features to make the overall shape a bit more complex.
    both the pictures and the videos are too dark really. the idea of designing a whole load of new stuff is great but the smaller craft do seem a bit blocky. i watched some of your other stuff on youtube "sci fly through test1" and thought the motion in it was excellent but the models featured(especially the ship) were still too blocky and the buildings lacked any texture. will look forward to seeing what you do. also as a tip, although your renders and videos are very dark it appeared that your capital ships were basic extended boxes with a pointed end and some greebling, i would suggest adding some extra features to make the overall shape a bit more complex.

his buildings in his youtube vids dont lack texture the camera is just moving to fast to see any if u watched other videos like the one of the ship landing u can see that the buildings have texture on them
  • MarkOmMarkOm0 Posts: 0Member
    Took some of your advice, but ill keep working on it.

Also I have already update this video aswell but changing the hardness of the ships so they dont glow as much. Issue that I having atm is creating a 360 space back ground.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    quite a lot better, really needs textures on the models(even if just simple material textures rather than mapped ones). go to this tutorial on mine for how to do a 360 degree space background, it works with blender but could probably be adapted to your software. go to "a trick for space scenes" on "Step 21: VERY BASIC animation in blender".
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Sketchup-3D-modelling-file-conversion-and-advice-/?ALLSTEPS
    if its 3dsmax your using check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw7zYkZlbbI
    you could also always make one using a particle effect
    there is also this if your using max https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWDBxvV3hk also you can jsut do a starfield 360 veiw by incasing ur animation/models inside a giant 2 sided sphere with a star feild texture on it