Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dmy new project: NX-Phoenix from ST-First Contact

2»

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work!
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the kind words fellas.
    atm this one is on-hold at least for the modeling part, i traded emails with Adam several months ago and he said the section of his website with the phoenix had been accidentally removed, and he would re-post all the goodies :)

i didnt want to pester him about it, so i've just been waiting patiently untill then to do any more modeling since it's likely i'd just re-work what i did to correct it anyway!

if you have a few minutes check out his site, he's collected a very impressive array of filming models (so jelous) :)
    http://www.ncc1701.us/index.html
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    That's a lot of money right there, haha.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • crasher925crasher9250 Posts: 0Member
    anystar wrote: »
    thanks for the kind words fellas.
    atm this one is on-hold at least for the modeling part, i traded emails with Adam several months ago and he said the section of his website with the phoenix had been accidentally removed, and he would re-post all the goodies :)

i didnt want to pester him about it, so i've just been waiting patiently untill then to do any more modeling since it's likely i'd just re-work what i did to correct it anyway!

if you have a few minutes check out his site, he's collected a very impressive array of filming models (so jelous) :)
    http://www.ncc1701.us/index.html

i don't mean to be a beggar but you may want to contact Adam again he may have forgotten (that's has be my experience) of course i'm not telling you to (well yes i'm am but) i'm just suggesting it to you...

EDIT: NOT a necro
    ive been pretty busy lately, and almost have my "plate cleaned up" another few weeks and i'll be able to enjoy a more liesurely than normal schedule for the summer :) YAY

ill talk to him and see how things are going. hell maybe I'M the one who dropped the ball, he mentioned he could also just upload a packet for me, so maybe he was waiting on me too to get him an ip... lol

i'm hoping to finish off the blue thunder in the next week or so, and i'm close to finishing the batwing too. after those i plan to put a lot of attention back into this one.
  • crasher925crasher9250 Posts: 0Member
    i've been working on a Pheonix of KSP heres some pics:

http://imgur.com/a/RuYt6#0
    well, Crasher was right!

sent him a message this morning and in less than an hour he'd filled up my skydrive with some really great stuff :)
    the model itself is almost 2x the size i had estimated it at. for example the nacelles look to be almost 3" in diameter.

heh, now i really cant wait to get back into this!
    a few more days-worth of modeling on the Batwing and i'll be able to dig into it :)
    there's soooo much detail in this sucker, layer after layer of greebely-goodness! less than 1/4 of it even comes across on screen. i wish i could post some of the pics but i was asked not to :(

decided to start from scratch with the Phoenix body, the cockpit is fine though. it turns out the Studio model seems to be a perfect 1/16 scale, it fits exactly inside the titan. its still a little long though, by several feet. but thats easily fudged :)

here's my revised plans for the body, ill get to the engine area next week:
    capture_07052013_135959.png
    102296.png
    finished the plans quicker than i expected. also, everything fits perfectly now :)
    capture_07062013_134533.png
    once i get into the modeling, i'll post the updates in My Random W.I.P. thread
    102313.png