Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNX Refit Nodal Surfacing Repaint :)

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Work in Progress #1
As everyone knows by now i'm sure, I've been given the NX01 Refit model from Enterprise by Doug Drexler. While that's a huge honor in itself, he gave me permission to retexture it and most of all rename it, so I did, he gave me the registration number of NC-10, SS DeSalle

Now.. I wanted to make the surface as realistic as possible so I went to IRML and Tobian and asked exactly how to do this, and of course it involves NODES which I am deathly afraid of, so Tobian showed me a nice simple nodal setup earlier for the painted surface, and here's the left fairing converted to the new surface...

And another shot from below of the new secondary hull for anyone not familiar with the design.
102090.jpg
102091.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Sweet!
    Realistic materials can definitely work in a starship model's advantage. Just look at Dave's Galaxy and Sovereign.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Sweet!
    Realistic materials can definitely work in a starship model's advantage. Just look at Dave's Galaxy and Sovereign.

Yeah working with those meshes is what gave me the idea to ask Doug if I could update the Refit :)
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Nice as always Jen