Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DReviving the USS Boundless

sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys,
So a few months back I had a motherboard crash that ate my raid 5 setup resulting in the loss of a lot of work from the previous year including this project.

I'm finally rebuilding this model, now named the USS Boundless. The rebuild is proceeding with only the png's to work from. none of the original work survived the crash. Along the way I am taking the opportunity to tweak a few things from the previous version. Take a look, tell me what you think.
98195.png
98196.png
98197.jpg
98198.png
98199.png
Post edited by sojourner on
Tagged:

• SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Looks good to me!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Sorry to hear about the loss of data. I like the ship a lot. It reminds me of one of the Excelsior concepts. :)
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Looks excellent! Go ahead. ;)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The back of an Excelsior neck can be rather bare--and you improved on the original with that.
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the comments guys! Couple new images, reworking the impulse engines and top view of the whole ship for those that aren't aware of the "swallow tail". And yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, the nacelle pylons are different sizes, I have decide which size I like best yet.
    98269.png98270.png
  • RekkertRekkert4069 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Some really interesting lines here, great work. Also, additional kudos for making SketchUp look so great. ;)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Got bored so played with this for the last couple days. A generic Sci-fi crew cabin, not for this ship. 8' wide be 18' long (including head and closet area) with 8' ceilings. The couch back folds down to a single bed and the desk chair can collapse under the desk. I'll try to get a shot of that tomorrow.

Wall and part of roof removed to achieve shot.
    98430.jpg98431.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice cabin. That could fit into a number of Sci-Fi universes or be part of your own original universe. :)
    Boundless is still being worked on. Did a few things this week to it.
    101672.png101673.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4069 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    I like those new engines, they look very good with the rest of the flow of the design.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I wasn't so sure about the impulse engines but they definitely look better this way. Also, why not use that cabin for your ship? You need something to fill up those windows anyway :)
    Little bit more work. Photon launchers and Life boats.
    th_boundlesstorplifepoda.png
    th_boundlesstorplifepodd.png
    th_boundlesstorplifepodc.png
    th_boundlesstorplifepodb.png
    th_boundlesstorplifepode.png