Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIn Blue - NC 10 explores a very blue nebula..

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Finished Work #1
The NC 10 is inside a very blue nebula...
101962.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    SS DeSalle?
    Why not USS?
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    SS DeSalle?
    Why not USS?
    because those were my orders from Doug :) I don't question I just obey O_o;; was nice enough for him to name the ship after me...
    Ah. Didn't know it was an ordered work.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    "USS" (United Star Ship) didn't come about until 2161-ish, the time of the founding of the UFP. Since this is part of the Enterprise Season 5 campaign, which will continue the show around the year 2155, it's pre-Federation. So, SS instead of USS. Doug had Pierre Drolet put "SS Enterprise" on the side of the NX-01 refit as well.

Great image! I love the colors and how they play across the hull. Also, it's nice getting a closeup of the ship's secondary hull. I just want to know: how did you ever come up with the name "SS DeSalle?" :p

I have a question for your regarding the model. Since you have the real thing, I think you're a good person to ask. The little dark rectangles that are all over the textures: what are those? I've looked at the big orhtos that I have of the ship, but they're not big enough to clearly see what those are.
    EG: the ship's name is my last name (hehehe) Doug gave me permission to rechristen it and had a registry number (NC-10) assigned to me. It was a nice little honor as far as I was concerned, the ship is effectively mine to bash, rework, retexture, add to, delete from etc at this point, as the NX01 Refit filming model is being rebuilt in a much higher resolution by another artist.

The little dark rectangles are access ports, if you get in realllllllly close (i'll render one out soonish) you can see the lettering and warning markings at each of them.. they are actually modeled into the hull itself rather than textured in.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Another great render.
    VK08 wrote: »
    EG: the ship's name is my last name (hehehe) Doug gave me permission to rechristen it and had a registry number (NC-10) assigned to me. It was a nice little honor as far as I was concerned, the ship is effectively mine to bash, rework, retexture, add to, delete from etc at this point, as the NX01 Refit filming model is being rebuilt in a much higher resolution by another artist.

I was joking about the naming bit. ;) Ask Doug about the USS Drexler.
    The little dark rectangles are access ports, if you get in realllllllly close (i'll render one out soonish) you can see the lettering and warning markings at each of them.. they are actually modeled into the hull itself rather than textured in.

Thanks a lot, that would be fantastic. I'm working on the textures for a ship I built for that era and trying to figure out what they heck those are supposed to be was driving me nuts. (it's a short trip) I don't think I want to go back and model them, but I'll add them to the textures.
    Season 5?
    Tell me more.
    @EG: here ya go ;)
    101988.jpg
    @EG: here ya go ;)

Thanks a lot. :) The level of detail on this ship is amazing.
    Thanks a lot. :) The level of detail on this ship is amazing.

You should see inside the windows, blow your mind away.... all the little rooms are modeled..
    They are? Good lord, I feel so lazy. :shiner:
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    The depth and frame around the portholes kinda blew my mind.
    Gerb: working with it it's almost like you're holding the real thing in your hands, it's got that much detail in parts.. even under the bussard caps, you can see the collectors inside, the spinnie that makes the field that's used to collect all the interstellar stuff..