Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DProject Cosmos - The Morningstar

124»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    LOL!!
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    sweet, glad to see it back
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    that ship looks quite nice. is it small like a fighter/bomber or larger. i assume that it is designed to fly in an atmosphere as well as in space.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    that ship looks quite nice. is it small like a fighter/bomber or larger. i assume that it is designed to fly in an atmosphere as well as in space.

It's not a military craft; it's civilian that's been modified with weaponry. The ship has three decks, and three living quarters along with a galley, medbay, cargo bay, computer core, social space, and a few other rooms I can't think of off hand.

Yes, you're correct, it does travel in atmosphere. The ship itself is, I think, around 2 or 300 feet long, but I could be wrong; I'd have to look again.
    Worked on one of the living spaces today. Two of the living spaces on the ship are identical so I'm going to build this room unfurnished first and mirror it over and then I'll start making it look lived in. This room is Jan's; she's Jack's engineer.

Also added a render of the airlock looking through the window of the door that leads into the rest of the ship.

Still have the bathroom to do and I'll be playing around with this living space to get the general feel going.
    99405.jpg99406.jpg99407.jpg99408.jpg99409.jpg
    Those are larger quaters.
    Nice work on the airlock.
    Thanks. The room only looks big because it's empty. Once I start filling it up with furniture and things I'll look less 'roomy'.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    I want to move into that room.
    Started on the line work for the ship. Progressing slowly but surely. So far only Jan's and Chalk's quarters are included. Jack's room is on the opposite side of the ship.

Being as busy with work as I am I've come to the conclusion I'd get this ****er finished if I drew and painted it. It's in a 3D thread so I might move this back to the Project Cosmos thread in the 2D section.
    101910.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Damn... that is detailed... looks nice and clean, though. Ship is bigger than I thought, now that I see those few rooms.
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    That looks insanely impressive Nate... Great idea switching over to 2D again.
    Thanks, Larsen. I was planning on doing a 3D version, but it was taking too long with work and everything. I just decided I could get it finished faster if I did it in 2D. I really just want it done; there's a lot of other things I want to start and I hate leaving projects unfinished. This has been roadblocking me.

I've gotten some more progress on it. I've been working on the Gauss cannon and it's bay plus the battery auxiliary room.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good sketches, far better than i can do.
    Dam swwet work and good to see you working on this project again. Been to long since we had any updates.