Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBSG: The Field

softcelsoftcel0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2013 in Finished Work #1
home logo screen1.jpg

Battlestar Galactica: The Field. My latest "Fanimation". The Remaining ships of the Colonial Fleet have an unexpected run in with some Raiders in an Asteroid Field rich in Tillium. Animation created completely in Bryce 7.
99907.jpg
Post edited by softcel on

• LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice job! My favorite part was the Viper firing on the Raider in slow motion. I hope you make another one.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    very good, nice to see another dogfight/space battle animation. liked the choice of ships and the angles of the shots however i thought the lens flares due to bright backgrounds were slightly distracting. if only the (recent)battlestar series had had as much space battle type action in it as some of the clips you and others are making. that slow motion bit is quite good but remember in space a fighter can swing round 180 degrees and fire at an attacker on it's tail then swing back round 180 degrees without changing direction of flight, that really does remove the horror from "he's on my tail!". nice cylon raider models, my internet connection failed a bit at the end so i didn't see the credits, who made them(you (very talented) or someone else(also very talented from what the models looked like.))? perhaps the clip could have had some more action around the galactica rather than in the asteroid field, still very good and i liked the use of an asteroid field to add some obstacles. hope you produce more like it!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    very good, nice to see another dogfight/space battle animation. liked the choice of ships and the angles of the shots however i thought the lens flares due to bright backgrounds were slightly distracting. if only the (recent)battlestar series had had as much space battle type action in it as some of the clips you and others are making. that slow motion bit is quite good but remember in space a fighter can swing round 180 degrees and fire at an attacker on it's tail then swing back round 180 degrees without changing direction of flight, that really does remove the horror from "he's on my tail!". nice cylon raider models, my internet connection failed a bit at the end so i didn't see the credits, who made them(you (very talented) or someone else(also very talented from what the models looked like.))? perhaps the clip could have had some more action around the galactica rather than in the asteroid field, still very good and i liked the use of an asteroid field to add some obstacles. hope you produce more like it!
    While it is true that a ship can maneuver 180 degrees, that still looked cool and that was the point.
    The credits said that coxxon, Sean Kennedy, Randal R and Sol Command were the 3d modelers. I know Sean made the great Viper, I have it and coxxon made several low poly models.
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    Very impressive work.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very nice! I agree about the lens flares, but otherwise I thought it was great!
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Cool...but the one ting that's bottering me..one minute it's blue..the next it's green..then it's redish..then yellow..so it makes it look like a bunch of different stuff edited togheter. I'd rather see a linear look to it personnaly
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey That was Awesome,,, Loved it... The BG's and some the atmosphere was great.

SOme things I wished I had more knowhow of, Nice Job....

Regards,

Randal R.
  • Leon945Leon9450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, i thought it was great. Awesome colors, and good action.