Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek mirror universe insignia request

The Kevin ShowThe Kevin Show171 Posts: 5Member
edited November 2012 in Looking for... #1
As much as my Trek fanfic Star Trek: Remington takes place in a parallel universe, it just wouldn't be right to have the mirror universe episode I have planned to take place in the same mirror universe as standard Trek. While alt-Kirk did visit the standard-Trek MU according to my series bible, the mirror universe that my characters cross over to is not the same mirror universe. The Terran Empire never fell. In fact, the Terran Empire never existed. Instead, my characters find themselves faced with the Third Terran Dominion's Grand Fleet.

So, the purpose of this request is to ask for an insignia for the Grand Fleet. I'd like to set it apart from the Terran Starfleet by making it look different. Instead of the standard globe-and-sword design, I'd like a hawk perched atop a clenched fist with two swords crossed diagonally behind it. In a circle around the hawk/fist, I'd like the Latin translation of "Fortune favors the conquerors" which I don't know.

To whoever helps out, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.
Post edited by The Kevin Show on
Tagged:

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Foveo gratia convico

But that's all I can contribute. I like the idea tho...
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    "Fortune favors the conquerors" is fortuna favet victoribus, but it looks better with the singular of "Fortune favors the conqueror"; fortuna favet victor. At least that's through Google translate. Foveo gratia convico is foster grace abuse. I'm no pro in Latin, but that sounds nothing even remotely like what he's asking for. :P
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I admit my Latin is rusty at best, but victor is certainly not conqueror. And if he'd wanted it about victors, he'd have asked for them, not for conquerors. ;)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    As far as I can tell there is no Latin word for conqueror. Victor is the closest I've come across. Obviously, a conqueror is going to be the victor of any situation so it should work. :)
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I'm kind-of experienced in photoshopping, so I'll do what I can to help you out. What pen-name / author-name would you like on your novel cover?