Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PhotographyEnterprise NX01 Photography

Silencer 01Silencer 010 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2012 in Finished Work #1
Hey Guys,

on my desk stands a very beautiful and detailed model of the Enterprise NX01. So one evening I was bored and take photos of her with my Canon EOS 400D. The results are not bad I think. So I decided to share my favorite photo with you. Hope you like it too :)

Infos about the Photo:
Aperture: F/8
Exposure time: 1 Second
ISO: 400
Focal length: 70mm
Light: 1 spot behind the model

Here are some more shots, enjoy! :)

Enterprise_1.jpg
Enterprise_3.jpg
Enterprise_5.jpg
Enterprise_Sun_final.jpg
95869.jpg
Post edited by Silencer 01 on
Tagged:

• DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    You know CGI's getting good when you see photos of physical models and think they must be CG. Really nice paintjob, was it your own work or pre-done?
  • Silencer 01Silencer 010 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah thats true :) The model was pre-painted. I don't think that I could do this as accurate as what you see.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    it's hard to tell if it's good cg or a photo because you don't normally see photography here with such nice lighting, looks really great
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Very cool looking image! I agree with the other comments, the lighting is amazing.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    When I look at that, I think it's either really good CGI, or someone build a full-size ship and put it in the black. It looks better than the show!
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Doomsponge wrote: »
    You know CGI's getting good when you see photos of physical models and think they must be CG. Really nice paintjob, was it your own work or pre-done?

My thoughts exactly. That is a very nice photo (and model), came out great!

JMoney
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Wow, that photo looks almost CG-realistic! ;)

Very nicely done. I wouldn't have picked that as a model if you hadn't told me. :)
    Thank you very much! I can upload some more pictures as well, if you want to.
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Go for it. Can't hurt to add more.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    What a lovely photo. Top quality work! I agree it's hard to tell if it's CG, or a photo, which is a good thing. It almost looks the correct scale too (as if it's a ship in space, and not just a model! :)
    Thanks! I am glad you like it.
  • SplitMatterSplitMatter0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats an amazing work, At first I thought it was CGI!
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Truly gorgeous photography! I too thought they were CG, but because of the perfection of your lighting. Definitely better looking than the show, please post more! :)
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Very cool pics!! :)