Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    Textures for the roll bar are done. So I decided to do a little bit of a test on the main hull. These are just standard scanline renders instead of Mental Ray.
    1424.jpg
    1425.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    cool. I like it.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I am loving those dark Panels.
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    So cool. So very very cool. I want one.
    UPDATE...
    Trying to greeble out the cutouts on the side of the hull.
    1426.jpg
    Decided to rough in the inside of the shuttlebay. At least I now know the shuttles will fit, kind of.
    1427.jpg
    Look really good, though that shuttle bay does look a little tight. Maybe you could extend the fantail and let shuttles land there, then taxi into the bay. Might make landing multiple shuttles easier. But, if you only think you'll be launching or retrieving one shuttle at a time, the door is good as is.

Also, I love the textures on the roll bar. Juuust the right amount of grime to make her look like a warship, without making her look like a battered derelict.
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Love that roll bar and torpedo pod! :D
    Borkless wrote: »
    Look really good, though that shuttle bay does look a little tight. Maybe you could extend the fantail and let shuttles land there, then taxi into the bay. Might make landing multiple shuttles easier. But, if you only think you'll be launching or retrieving one shuttle at a time, the door is good as is.

Also, I love the textures on the roll bar. Juuust the right amount of grime to make her look like a warship, without making her look like a battered derelict.
    I'm staisfied with the shuttle bay as it is. That shuttle is a little larger than most since I meantit to ba a new version of the travel pod as well. I felt these ships might be a little more beat up than most ships since it's used to patrol the border and as a fast attack craft.
    Basill wrote: »
    Love that roll bar and torpedo pod! :D
    Thank you.

Pretty much finished of the greebles in the cutout in the hull. Also added some detail to the back of the primary hull.
    1428.jpg
    Added another transporter emitter to the front of the ship. I’m thinking I might be able to add a secondary Nav deflector to the nose of the hull. Added phasers and some panel lines.
    1429.jpg
    Still thinking about the shuttlebay and what to do with it. Added a phaser strip and RCS to the back of the hull. I may want to change them and move them over to the left a little bit.
    1430.jpg
    Looking good as always. I see your point about the shuttle bay. Had a BSG-style combat landing in mind for some reason. Are you going to add any more black panels to the ship's nose? or maybe a shark mouth? That'd be cool.

Anyway, good work, looking forwards to seeing more!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm. The bay's a bit cramped, but well, it works at least.

Nice job.
    Very nice.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    loves the Surak/T'Pau-Class homage.
    91769.png
    It's not actually. I based it off another image and never saw this one before.
    UPDATE...
    I’ve placed a secondary deflector in the nose of the ship. Also an RCS thruster.
    1431.jpg
    Add some small detail to the hull. I also moved the back RCS thruster to the side and moved the phaser strip over o the left a little bit. this is much better than how I first did it.
    1432.jpg
    Very nice. She looks very nice even without nacelles. Should be cool in the end.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I assuming the nacelles go on the underside?
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Yes. I haven't included them in any shots because it increases the render time. But you can see them in older posts.
    Looking good X
    Thank you.

UPDATE...
    I still haven’t lost my mojo on this ship so I’ll just keep working.

Added more detail to the top of the primary hull. I think this is about all I can do without overdoing it. I might add a little bit more to the command deck.
    1433.jpg
    Close up hull detail. I’ve also added more lifeboats to the side of the hull.
    1434.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I finished the detail work around the secondary Nav Deflector. I forgot all about windows so I had to rethink a few ideas and IA’ve now started to add windows. There wonA’t be many. And the scale might be a little off now but I can live with it.
    1435.jpg
    Decided to build a new chair for my star Trek ships and came up with this. The new chair will go in the rooms behind the new windows.
    1436.jpg
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    lookin good.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    I;m guessing the brick work won't be staying then. :)
    Actually it's wood formed concrette. :D
    Looking good X
    The chair got a very 80's feel to it, but it would suit TNG. ;)
    Agreed. If the Romero (that's her current name, right?) is a warship, it could do with a more "agressive" seat.
    BTW: really nice job on the nose paneling.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    its seating fro the crew quarters why would it need to be agressive for the crews comfart lol
    good point.
    UPDATE...
    Here is rough idea of the interior of one of the rooms.
    1437.jpg
    The side windows are mostly done and I've started to texture the command deck.
    1438.jpg
    A close up of the new textures and an idea for lifeboat textures.
    1439.jpg
    A ship I roughed in awhile ago but just now had an idea for a change in the saucer. I'm still not happy with it but it is better.
    1440.jpg
    Looking good as always.
  • ChipDancerChipDancer0 Posts: 0Member
    OMG Incredible work!

How did you do the hull guide lines? Oh if I could only borrow yer brain for a bit! :)

Seriously though, I am astonished by yer work skills and those of many others on this site.

CD