Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalFinished Stargate Daedalus kit Master

BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all. I have posted this before, but in the spirit of posting in the physical forum, here it is again.
I recently completed a kit master of the Daedalus class battlecruiser from Stargate in 1/2500 scale.
Here are the images:

Daedalusmasterfinito1.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito3.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito4.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito5.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito6.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito7.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito8.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito9.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito10.jpg

Daedalusmasterfinito12.jpg

In scale with the Enterprise E:

CIMG2874.jpg

Copies of the parts:

Daedalustestcopyimages2.jpg

Daedalustestcopyimages3.jpg

Daedalustestcopyimages6.jpg

Daedalustestcopyimages11.jpg

Daedalustestcopyimages13.jpg
Post edited by Bar on
Tagged:

• BrickheadBrickhead176 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Bar good to see you, impressive work. I really dig all the detail that want into these builds. Looking forward to seeing some more work from you.
  • TJfoxTJfox0 Posts: 0Member
    Great model, good size too.
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    Will this be soomething that may eventually be a purchasable kit, or is this just a hobby for yourself....?
    :thumb:
  • ronmcd1076ronmcd10760 Posts: 0Member
    Still love that model, makes me wonder when your going to try your hand at the Achilles, lol. Can't wait for them to start producing that model.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    rms8_347 wrote: »
    Will this be soomething that may eventually be a purchasable kit, or is this just a hobby for yourself....?

I was wondering about that too, is this from an actual model kit or did you make the parts yourself? If you did make them great job on the detail.:thumb:
  • mJAstromJAstro171 Posts: 0Member
    He did make the parts ^^

I think you should run some lights through this baby ;)
  • go229go2290 Posts: 0Member
    How is the 1/350 progressing? Or is it on hold?
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry guys! I haven't been getting topic reply notifications on this thread for some reason!!!

Ok.

rms8_347 wrote: »

I made all the parts from scratch as a model kit master. Check out my Daedalus folder on photobucket for the WIP images(Start at the bottom, and work your way up).
    And in answer to your question, it WILL be a kit. It should be available within the next week or so from Saltyre Technologies

ronmcd1076 wrote: »
    Still love that model, makes me wonder when your going to try your hand at the Achilles, lol. Can't wait for them to start producing that model.

I once asked Alnair about that, but he didn't like the idea of the Achilles becoming a kit. he didn't mind me making one for me and giving him a copy, but he didn't want a kit put out there, and i have to respect that.

Darth Bane wrote: »
    I was wondering about that too, is this from an actual model kit or did you make the parts yourself? If you did make them great job on the detail.:thumb:

Thanks. I had a lot of help with reference.
    go229 wrote: »
    How is the 1/350 progressing? Or is it on hold?

On hold, i'm afraid. It was started with my old 400 metre scale, which i now know to be false. The Daedalus is a minimum 550 metres long...(How's this for a scale comparison?).
    the 350 scale one will now never see the light of day. I will be finishing the 1/1000 one, though.

I will try and keep checking back here guys, but in case anyone has a question, and i don't seem to reply, please PM me about it. I wouldn't ignore a question on purpose. I just haven't been getting notifications on this subject.
    I will certainly be posting here when i know the kit is on sale.
    Bar.
  • nukenuke171 Posts: 0Member
    That is very cool. Put some light and sounds and in it and it would add a nice touch to it. I wish they would sell the Daedalus, F-302 and other stargate ships as toys like star trek and star wars ships.
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    I know. It will never happen though. Not with the show cancelled for good.