Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate: Pegasus Style Gate

edseds0 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2011 in Work in Progress #1
this is up on a few other forums but only just got round to posting it here, started this in September last year, so far its been on and off mostly off and i have quite some time off to finish it so hopefully it will get completed finally!

so far overall completion i would say around 65%-75%

critique is more than welcome! :cool:

Ed
90515.JPG
90516.JPG
90517.JPG
90518.JPG
90513.JPG
Post edited by eds on
Tagged:

• andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    I have to say it is very nice work. As many of her fans, I think Atlantis was cut short. I can just see this standing in the gate room. I don't recall seeing a close enough shot to really critique, it looks like a great rendition. I'd love to see her lit and textured.

I think the writers fell into the trap of killing too many main characters, then trying to resurrect them, only to kill them again, but no...they weren't dead, they were replicators or holograms or whatever. SG-1 lasted so long because the team was such a good fit. :P
  • edseds0 Posts: 0Member
    andar_b wrote: »
    I have to say it is very nice work. As many of her fans, I think Atlantis was cut short. I can just see this standing in the gate room. I don't recall seeing a close enough shot to really critique, it looks like a great rendition. I'd love to see her lit and textured.

I think the writers fell into the trap of killing too many main characters, then trying to resurrect them, only to kill them again, but no...they weren't dead, they were replicators or holograms or whatever. SG-1 lasted so long because the team was such a good fit. :P
    im glad you like it, yeah i also think Atlantis was cut short, indeed you dont see the details up close really in episodes of SGA but due to the Stargate auctions last year i managed to get some very good closeups which enabled me to do it as detailed as it is, ahhh that is far in the future unfortunately.

yeah the killed of characters all the time brought them back it seemed every episode was a different cast in some seasons, i personally would like to think the reason SG-1 got cancelled is because they ran out of ideas and they only had enough ideas to last a movie in which they defeated the Ori, not enough ideas for a full 20 episode season
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Cool artwork, thanks for posting!
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    It occurs to me that most of that geometry could probably be baked to a normal map and look virtually identical, at least the tiny engravings. I appreciate fine detail modeled as much as the next guy, but looking at it again made me think. It looks like it wouldn't take a ton of work to give her a decent texture, similar to the way it was done in the recent BlenderCookie texturing tutorial.

As for SG-1...I think they got too far from their core story near the end. They finally defeated the Go'auld...now what? In a very short span they had the Aleutians, the humaniform Replicators, the regular Replicators, the Ori, and so on. I think the Ori was a good arc, but it could have been played much better. I think the best enemy of the last seasons was Baal, one of my favorite villains. The idea that he cloned himself as a survival tactic was genius. I loved how they tied in Continuum, that was excellent. My mom was psyched to see Gen. O'Neill in a real role again...only to have him die in the first scene.