Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Stargate Fleet Ideas

zxcottonxzzxcottonxz0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys i decided to start a separate thread to my SGC Pegasus Base Thread as this one is going to be purely for the Ships i plan on making to go along with my stargate universe :). So to start off with ive got a list of ship names and ship types for a single battlegroup. this battlegroup will be based in the pegasus galaxy to combat the ever increasing wraith threat. there will also be a fleet based in the milkyway galaxy to help protect earths allies and earth itself. Instead of the ships being solely for the usaf or specific nations the control of the stargate program was passed over to the united nations and the United Nations Space Command (UNSC) was formed.

so here goes, the blank spaces are places where i dont have a name and i am open to suggestions. please keep the suggestions stargatey or names of old famous ships maybe, if you do have any suggestions please let me know which type of ship it is for. ill have some models in the next few weeks

('1 Carrier
UNSC Invincible

('2 Battleships
UNSC Victory
UNSC

('4 Cruisers
UNSC George Hammond
UNSC Oniell
UNSC Endeavour
UNSC

('6 Destroyers
UNSC Prometheus
UNSC Daring
UNSC Dauntless
UNSC Winston S.Churchill
UNSC Pendergast
UNSC

('8 Frigates
UNSC Constitution
UNSC Independance
UNSC Endurance
UNSC Intrepid
UNSC Apollo
UNSC
UNSC
UNSC

('2 Daedalus mk2 class for carrier defence launched from carrier.
UNSC Daedalus
UNSC Odyssey

('4 Exploration ships
UNSC Destiny
UNSC Discovery
UNSC Mayflower
UNSC

there will also be multiple cargo ships to ferry cargo between galaxies but ill think of names for those when i get round to them.
Post edited by zxcottonxz on
Tagged:

• Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting idea.... Look forward to seeing how this pans out....:thumb:
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    no offense or anything, for an international fleet, this sounds more Anglo-American than international. and UNSC? again, no offense but can you be a bit more creative?

other than that, i'm really looking forward to seeing the ships that come out of this.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    how bout EDF(earth defence force haha or TSF tauri space force or UST united space treaty or UESF united earth space force or ASF allied space force or ANSF allied nations space force or ASC allied space command
    ANSC allied nation space command i can keep making sum up lol OWSC off world space command
  • viper01870viper018700 Posts: 0Member
    cant what to see it and i like ( owsc ) myself lol
  • Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, looks like a British Company just got the contracts to make the New ships.

Or Britain, just took a much much larger role in the SGC.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, UNSC sounds rather reasonable.
    United Nations is kinda the goal anyway. ESF or something along the lines can only be done if really all nations are a) aware of it, b) contribute to it, and c) are able to work with and in it. Which I sure is not possible in the given time.

The names are, I agree, a bit one-sided.
    I don't think Pandergast should be in, TBH. Daring, Victory, and Invincible are also rather excessive.
    Instead of Destiny in the Explorer-type region, I'd say Santa Maria (Columbus' ship), and other names you should think about: Sao Gabriel (Vasco da Gamas first ship), and Trinidad (Ferdinand Magellans flagship). Also, what about Leif Ericson, the true discoverer of America? Archimedes, an Ancient genius without whom mathematics wouldn't have been where they are now. Or Galileo Galilei, who did pretty much the same for astronomy and biology (and was a good painter as well)? Or what about Zheng He, the Chinese discoverer, who visited America 50 years before Columbus (yes, Columbus was actually the third to discover America!)?

Also, there should be other names.
    We remember the Korolev. Korolev was Russias rocket expert, so why not have a Wernher von Braun, and a Korolev II, or Korolev-A.

Oh, and it's written O'Neill. Remember, with 2 L! ;) :lol:
    Along those lines, maybe a ship in honour of Elisabeth Weir. Or Hank Landry. Teal'c is also such a famous and Tau'ri-friendly guy that he should receive a ship in his name. Or Daniel Jackson, the guy who ascended - twice even. Or Ernest Littlefield, the first to wander through the rediscovered Stargate EVER (Torments of Tantalus anyone?).
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    the esf ones are usable hellooo Antlantis has intenternational groups in it