Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBack from the dead - Manwiththegun's Universe

manwiththegunmanwiththegun171 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Been some time since I last posted. Slowed down on ships for quite awhile but just got back in full swing. Using free Sketch Up these are some of the ships from my universe. Most of my free time went into the story behind them, now I've reached a point i need more ships!!!! All these are works in progress as I have a tendency to start a new ship before finishing one. Actually, I don't think I ever have finished one. Oh well, you can never have enough ships!

Enjoy.

Oh and I know the textures suck, but they are the last thing I'm concerned with.
Post edited by manwiththegun on
Tagged:

• manwiththegunmanwiththegun171 Posts: 0Member
    more
    and more
    and even more
    A skybus and attack bomber
    One of the first ships to make an appearance.
    Freighter
    and the rest. Theres more, however some other people have done some work and I need to credit come images. Stay tuned!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice works here, I like many of them. Especially that big ship from #6.
    From left to right, The Avenger Class Attack Cruiser, Frigate, and Destroyer. The attack cruiser can launch up to 80 fighters, while the frigate carries 8 landing craft, and the destroyer uses her heavy guns and missiles to defend the fleet.

Soon I'll have some rendered images up as well.
    Nice work here...
    I started this ship 3 years ago and have revised it so many times. This is one.
    I never seriously played with lighting before, so I gave it a shot today in an attempt to learn. This is after one day of messing around.
    Oh hai!
    Welcome back. Nice work on those ships.
    Thanks! I know I've been accused of boxy ships in the past so I though I would demonstrate where my inspiration for ships come from. They usually start as a Lego. I have over 15,000 wing and flat pieces. I can usually build a sizable fleet. Then I either make an exact replica like below or I "freehand" it using the Lego as a guide.