Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSteaming up Shakespeare

2»

• citizencitizen171 Posts: 0Member
    Processed one of the clips last night. It's the shortest and the one requiring the least amount of work to clean up, but I think I have a usable workflow and I'm a bit happier with my chances of getting it done.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUGrOmOPQ8
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    can I recommend not doing a colour projection like your earlier test, just black and white, it'll make it look more like it's part of the smoke
    Ah, good idea! I'll give that a test and see what happens.
    Projecting in black and white looks good, thanks IRML.

Unfortunately in other news, I just got the final audio track through from the sounds guy. Looks like no one thought it was a bad idea to record the sound and video at different times, so there's no hope in hell of getting them to even vaguely sync up.
  • CoolhandCoolhand288 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    well i've watched entire movies that are over dubbed and don't sync, so it might not be the end of the world.
    Coolhand wrote: »
    well i've watched entire movies that are over dubbed and don't sync, so it might not be the end of the world.
    Problem is that it isn't just out of sync, it's like it's the soundtrack to a different video being played at the same time, it's incredibly jarring.

I've spoken with the sound guy. We're going to use the sound from the video, and splice in the original audio where the video audio is too low quality, or the wrong words are being said (which happens a couple of times).
    The remit for the video has changed drastically, gone are the faces from smoke, and we're now projecting a slightly less ambitious old film effect; the idea is Victorian photographs coming to life. I've uploaded a recent encoding on youtube, ignore the Audio being out of sync, it's an artefact of youtube's re-encoding. All done in Blender's compositor, took about 10 seconds per frame on my main machine to render out.