Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DChronicles of Man Heavy Cruiser

2»

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    FRV - the Free Republic of Veridia. "S" stands for Ship but I might be wrong :) I will ask Flanker about that.
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the gunship! Awesome work! :)
  • walpurgiswalpurgis181 Posts: 0Member
    ummm, I have made a few renders of a CoM inspired ship, and would like to know if I can post them here instead of starting a new thread
    Yeah I'm fine with it, seeing more CoM is always nice.
    Thanks Haturod :)

Slow day for updates ... only a pop-up turret on the cruiser and some gunship work :

turret1.jpg
    turret3.jpg
    cluster.jpg
    copter4.jpg
    okay! Cool! :3
    87965.jpg87966.jpg
    Looking good although I think you ought to change the background because it's too distracting from the model :)
  • TaidremTaidrem67 Posts: 279Member
    Gun look is very realistic and even I dare to tell beautifully, but such sensation that does not suffice something, can it is necessary to add any aerials on the Gun?
    now that you mention it, the background is kind of distracting. It's just sort of my standard background for space vehicles.
    Long time no post, sorry everyone. I am almost finished with my new model, a Tromp-class Destroyer and two more renders of the old vehicles:

tromp5.jpg
    cruiser25.jpg
    copter5.jpg
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    those are some sweet looking models, great work. Do you plan to make some scenes?
    Yeah I always plan to do scenes but every time I finish I model I just want to move on and model another one :D
    If I have the time I will make some scene renders like this one :

fx1.jpg
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Soma, looking good! What do you do to uv unwrap the mesh? I surmise that you've got the mesh spread out all over so I'm curious to know how you get the textures to line up.
    I unwrap by hand mostly :D Most of the time I use flatten function which creates a fairly good uvw map. There are tons of pieces so I put them together and paint over it. Here's an example of the map I have for the nose section :

temp2-Copy.jpg
    cruiser25.jpg
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I'll have to give that a try with my models, thanks! :)