Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBory WIPs

13»

• ChrisTOPherChrisTOPher0 Posts: 0Member
    dude if you want an honest opinion i think this ship looks awesome as all hell....BUT< i do 100% believe it looks way better with the lower section on it.
    that part is like a center piece man it draws my eye because its different. you see too many vessel out there being thought of that follow a certain Hull layout and this one had a very Unique look to it with that bottom part. not only that but it goes great with the shape of the ship itself and with it being gone the Tower looks too tall.
    also im lovin the armor plates
  • borybory0 Posts: 0Member
    THX guys.
    Here is very early test render of a moon base...

2ChrisTOPher
    IA’m actualy thinking about puting that part back, it would be not the same but... I donA’t know, still iA’m not sure...
    82785.jpg
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    that is a very nice marine transport, looks very believable, the only thing that bugs me is the "boxes" in the texture, personally I would loose them
    Hi everyone

Guess whoA’s back. I really had lack of time last few months and I also switched on 2.5 version. So when IA’ve had energy to play with, IA’ve just tried to learn and try out how to do what I want. I have then number of side projects and I sort of put aside model of frigate. But now when is out pretty stabile version, IA’ve came back to her. Not much progress to see now, but IA’ve spent most of time rethink and remodeling a number of variations of her missile system. In the end I pick up this composition. Not much detailed now but itA’s pretty much the same as SM-1 on todays sea ships. So here is just a little sample and I really hope that I A’ll be able to posting at least once a week or two some further progress.

frepre.jpg
    86823.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Compare to the rest of the ship the antenna seems out of place. Maybe redesign it to fit the ship better.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm into blender and I like it.
    I really need to know how you did some of this in blender. I'd like to know how you did the hull panels and the 3d hex grid on the engine exhausts. I'm trying to get similar effects.
    Well all stuff on her is hard model made by hand. So panels are basicaly extruded planes and that hexagonal grid is made from circle with 6 verticles then i made plane with hole from that circle. Then I made grid (i did it by hand but i think that array modifier will work fine to do it ) and extruded it...
    bory wrote: »
    Well all stuff on her is hard model made by hand. So panels are basicaly extruded planes and that hexagonal grid is made from circle with 6 verticles then i made plane with hole from that circle. Then I made grid (i did it by hand but i think that array modifier will work fine to do it ) and extruded it...
    Well, array sort of works up to a point, but getting a true grid with it is very hard. I can make a hex the way you did, then use array to add one on top, then spindupe 6 steps, 360 degrees to make a 7 hexagon circle, but to make an unlimited array is hard.
    Well, check this out, maybe this help you... ;)
    Wow, thanks.
    freforwpre.jpg

Small update, forward section...
    87002.jpg
    FRESPO.jpg

Bottom view...
    87066.jpg
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    that's a cool looking ship you have there, I'm not 100% on the front "wings" but they look like something that can grow on you. Looks like you've put quite a bit of time in the greebles too, they look good
    ToBerkut: Well I had to put braking thrusters somewhere... ;)

Still working on details and tweaking her...

I also started playing with stuff for animation which i intend to create... This is first testvid...
    87514.jpg87515.jpg
    So, as frigate project is slowly coming to its end (btw. itA’s Trident class, and sheA’ll be named as TFSNS Hood), itA’s time bring to the light another model. Frigate is in TFSN smallest serially produced type of ship(by its class 180-250m), on the other side the bigest, is a battleship(900-1200m). (This one is a Nova class, no name yet.) And ofcourse this is only first look at basic shape of hull...

bttlsh.jpg
    87670.jpg