Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Big Lightwave Thread.

themyth212themyth212331 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2011 in Work in Progress #1
For all my Lightwave stuff.

Babylon 5 Animation.

Credits to Meurig for an awsome mesh.
87432.jpg
Post edited by themyth212 on
Tagged:

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice job... and better textures than the models in the show. :cool:
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Not bad, but I recommend doing a dark gray 'background radiosity' pass to make it a lil brighter and to make it a lil more realistic. :)
  • themyth212themyth212331 Posts: 0Member
    already hav a rad pass alot of people saying its a bit dark but on my screen i can see it clearly
    Sorry man, even on my cinema display it's pretty dark.

Been there. :/
    on my cinema display is seams fine ive got eh 27" iMac and it seams perfectly fine to me, i can see the crisp details an all.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, see... if the number of people giving you feedback that it's dark is greater than the number of people telling you it's fine, then it's probably dark. Your hardware is superior to the run of the mill, which is great, but doesn't give you a feel for what the average person is going to see.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Your screen and everybody else's screen can have substantially different gamma values.
    Personally I owned a nice 19" TFT which I loved, but when I upgraded a couple years later >all< screens I tried had so much more bright darks. (which would imply lower gamma value, which doesn't seem to make any sense, but what do I know.)

What was a nice blackish grey on SFM's old skin turned to bright grey puke. I've been adjusting my gamma setting in my video driver ever since, for lack of a better option (confusingly, I have to adjust it down, which doesn't make sense as that should make it brighter >_>).

Long story short, even on my bright-ish screen, that is pretty damn dark. sorry :p
    i currently have a imac 27" and a HP 21.5", also note that if it wer real life it would be really dark as is space.
    In real life a photographer would bring his own lights and bounce cards. :D
  • Pic-A-CardPic-A-Card0 Posts: 0Member
    If you're against adding more fill (most of the ship drifts to black on all of my displays, including a calibrated broadcast monitor) then you should add some more self illumination, especially on that front section. Light up those greebles :) Moody lighting is fine, but you have to have some areas of brightness, otherwise you'll have people wanting to turn up the brightness on their monitors.
    photographers photo would not be real lighting then, and at the end of the day i can see the detail so im happy with it.
    themyth212 wrote: »
    photographers photo would not be real lighting then...

He'd do what it takes to make the image readable. Even in the case of 'real lighting' he would adjust his exposure to get a little more fill out of it.
    themyth212 wrote: »
    and at the end of the day i can see the detail so im happy with it.

No problemo, s'cool.
  • I am using an old fashioned Dell TUBE Monitor. It looks great to me. THe contrast reminds me a lot of the ship that inspired the Omega destroyer design. The Isamov from "2010 the YEar we made contact."