Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DU87

todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
edited November 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Post edited by today on

• todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    U87-1.jpg

The body is a placeholder I threw together from bits of my old centurion mesh.. it's going to be replaced:thumb:

z3.jpg

z1.jpg

U87-avatar.jpg

U87-model005-duet2-1.jpg

U87-in-motion.jpg
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    Its great! The head seems to have a lot of authentic looking detail/greebles in it. It really gives it that extra edge.

Are you working off reference shots? schems? (if there even is any for it! im a newb when it comes to galactica stuff online). Either way its an impressive start :)
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    Good luck with this, I really liked "Caprica" and was pissed when it got canned, but the final 5 eps managed to give it an amazing send off.
    Thanks
    Rivers3D wrote: »
    Are you working off reference shots? schems? (if there even is any for it! im a newb when it comes to galactica stuff online). Either way its an impressive start :)
    I've found that Doug Drexler's Blog is a wealth of trek and BSG/Caprica themed reference material :)
    http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/category/caprica/
    Good luck with this, I really liked "Caprica" and was pissed when it got canned, but the final 5 eps managed to give it an amazing send off.

I actually haven't gotten around to watching the last 5 episodes yet. :)
    A close up of the helmet:thumb:

U87-close-up.jpg
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    Ahh yeah, good ol' Drex. He is a cgi modeller's wet dream! I love trawling his site :)
    Redid the torso... still needs the chest plate/cover:thumb:

U87-New-Torso-01.jpg
    re-torso'ing commences!:lol:

doesitmaketoast1.jpg

th_doesitmaketoast2.jpg

th_doesitmaketoast3.jpg

th_doesitmaketoast4.jpg
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg131 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,334Member
    Now that I look at him, I wonder who would win in a fight: him or the Terminator? :D

Looks good. Never watched any of the new Battlestar stuff. Hell, didn't even watch the old stuff.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    U87-still-needs-feet-1.jpg
    u87.jpg

Background photo by BillS at f3d
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    So, how about an animation?
    Capt Dave wrote: »
    So, how about an animation?

:thumb:
    1 wrote:
    Mocap Data from (http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/resources.php) the Carnegie Mellon Motion Capture Database. Music is "Dance this mess around" by the B52's
    Cylon/U87 and environment modeled in LightWave3d.

I'm aware that there are a few issues, in particular the feet are floating in a few spots. Just wanted to see what my U87 would look like in motion :p
    1 wrote:
    Mocap Data from (http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/resources.php) the Carnegie Mellon Motion Capture Database.
    Cylon/U87 modeled in LightWave3d.
    1 wrote:
    Animation is a mixture of keyframes and motion capture. Cylon modeled in LightWave3d.

Mocap Data from (http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/resources.php) the Carnegie Mellon Motion Capture Database.
  • saulteniansaultenian0 Posts: 0Member
    Goose-stepping girl....nice...
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral479 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 1,916Member
    Nice work with this... he looks good next to the TOS model.
    "Impossible is." - Queen T'Zek, Entomalian Empire