Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DStar Trek Total Reboot: Uniforms

2»

• Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Ironscythe wrote: »
    Okay, so we've got uniforms for your basic two-arms, two-legs humanoid, but what about all those strange, new lifeforms that walk/swim/crawl/float/fly/whatever up to their local recruiter and say "sign me up!" in their strange, alien way? If you're going "full reboot" on Star Trek, then by all means we need more nonhumanoids, and some semblance of a Starfleet uniform to put on them, even if that means a tube-top with a badge to pull over the gasbag of a floating jellyfish thing. Or a giant talking spider-alien. Or a Quagaar warrior, whose species looks exactly like a headless roasted chicken.....wait a second...

1 cookie to whoever gets that last bit!

smeghead
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Leave him, Knight, he's still under quarantine...
  • SDGreywolfSDGreywolf0 Posts: 0Member
    Rekkert,

The uni's look sweet, but I would do this...
    Command: Gold tunic with black duty shirt
    Flight Operations/Navigation: Gold tunic with grey duty shirt
    Engineering: Red tunic with black duty shirt
    Ops/Communications: Red tunic with grey duty shirt
    Sciences: Blue tunic with black duty shirt
    Medical: Lite green tunic with black duty shirt
    Counseling: Lite green tunic with grey duty shirt
    Security/Tactical: Dark grey tunic with black duty shirt or Fatigues

This is just a start for duty uniforms...You just have to get rid of the orange.
  • RekkertRekkert4106 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,311Member
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    There's actually a good reason not to have headgear, at least, not on the ship. In the modern Navy, one uncovers (removes one's hat) anytime one is indoors. On a starship, one is by definition always indoors....
    Head gear will only be used for protection against the sun or other stuff like that, not inside a ship.
    Okay, so we've got uniforms for your basic two-arms, two-legs humanoid, but what about all those strange, new lifeforms that walk/swim/crawl/float/fly/whatever up to their local recruiter and say "sign me up!" in their strange, alien way? If you're going "full reboot" on Star Trek, then by all means we need more nonhumanoids, and some semblance of a Starfleet uniform to put on them, even if that means a tube-top with a badge to pull over the gasbag of a floating jellyfish thing. Or a giant talking spider-alien. Or a Quagaar warrior, whose species looks exactly like a headless roasted chicken.....wait a second...
    I already thought about this and every alien race will be changed a bit to make them less human. For example, vulcans will be a little taller than the average human and will have a pale greenish skin. I'll be designing the uniforms to be as close as the human version as posible, but for some species there will be several modifications.
    SDGreywolf wrote: »
    Rekkert,

The uni's look sweet, but I would do this...
    Command: Gold tunic with black duty shirt
    Flight Operations/Navigation: Gold tunic with grey duty shirt
    Engineering: Red tunic with black duty shirt
    Ops/Communications: Red tunic with grey duty shirt
    Sciences: Blue tunic with black duty shirt
    Medical: Lite green tunic with black duty shirt
    Counseling: Lite green tunic with grey duty shirt
    Security/Tactical: Dark grey tunic with black duty shirt or Fatigues

This is just a start for duty uniforms...You just have to get rid of the orange.
    I like the orange for command, and I want every division to have a bright color and to be different from the others. By this time the colors are already final.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Knight26 wrote: »

1 cookie to whoever gets that last bit!
    smeghead
    He may be a smeghead, but at least he's a funny smeghead!