Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate: Babylon

Ronnie124Ronnie1240 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Blender model of Ancient citi Babylon:

Babylon_12.png
Post edited by Ronnie124 on
Tagged:

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work.
  • TaidremTaidrem67 Posts: 279Member
    very good
  • Ronnie124Ronnie1240 Posts: 0Member
    Little progres:
    Babylon_14.png
    And star drive:
    Motory.png
    I once made a list of all those "lost" cities that could be Lantean and found out that there may be 6 or 7.
    Plus one more if you count Thule as a Lantean/Asgard joint work.

After all, Odin supposedly had a certain chair in one of his fortresses which meant in translation: "Gate-Seat", from which he could see the entire Midgardr.
    A Gate-Seat, from which he can see the whole world. Anyone remembering the scene from Proklarush Taonas, where Jack sat on that chair and observed Earth? That might hint to some tech exchange between the two, so why not such a bigger cooperation at all?
    New start, new Babylon:

Babylon_99.png

What do you say?
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Bring me some food. I might be sitting in this tread a while..... :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Nice work, I like the details here.
    Some little progres:
    Babylon_96.png
    More progres:

Babylon_94.png
    Babylon_93.png
    Babylon_91.png
    Wow, wonderful work, I really like it.
  • Dark AngelDark Angel331 Posts: 1Member
    Love it! More more!
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    If I were you, I'd incorporate something vaguely inspired by the real city of Babylon (other than the nondescript tower of babel). The Babylon built after the Assyrian empire crumbled had this big blue ceremonial entrance called the Ishtar Gate. Maybe that could be a giant, blue stargate attached to the central spire...or out on an extra long "arm" of the city. Like a blue "supergate" for capital ships without Hyperspace capabilities.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Ironscythe wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd incorporate something vaguely inspired by the real city of Babylon (other than the nondescript tower of babel). The Babylon built after the Assyrian empire crumbled had this big blue ceremonial entrance called the Ishtar Gate. Maybe that could be a giant, blue stargate attached to the central spire...or out on an extra long "arm" of the city. Like a blue "supergate" for capital ships without Hyperspace capabilities.

Go for it!
    What about this?
    Babylon_tex1.png
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I do like this idea, beeing the geek i am i had a go at designing an ancient city ship. and all the gates in the city make it stargate gold..... I would still have kept them as normal stargates, but maybe special ones for some reason. There's nothing cool about supergates...

Like Aresius has mentioned, when you look at ancient mythology its wierd how easily it is to interpret things into something else. I guess thats why Stargate did it. I guess you could say that the real babylon was built as a tribute to the city ship.

Your model looks great, the only thing id say is that for me it looks a little to identical to atlantis.