Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2Dnon canon TNG and beyond Era Starships

2»

• sm12905sm129050 Posts: 0Member
    Certanlly inpressive!
    is the big pod on the back of the first ship interchangable like on the nebula-class?
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks and have changed the captain's chair height also did some other rooms and general layout as shown in the posted image.
    saucersection.jpg

@sm12905: indeed it is meant as a module for specific missions :)
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that is way cool!

..and damn, we need that plugin that resizes images to fit :p
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Interesting, a lot of details and work! Very good, I like it how you figure out all the details and your ideas!
    Minor update. Might have done it differently in a second go but it is still a interesting project to work on from time to time.
    testms10.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hey there, welcome back.
    Nice work, I like it. Is the gray area in the lower area that yacht or some kind of sensory equipment?
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah it does look nice :thumb: I'm not sure about the bright colors on the seats but other than that it's ok.
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    This is really amazing work Flanker! I am totally blown away by your attention to detail. I doubt i could ever do a MSD at that level!
    minor update showing what I have been able to add so far. Keep in mind this is a downscale to about 40-45% of the original scale. Even so it is still quite big.

@Aresius : The grey area below the saucer will eventually hold the main sensor :) at least that is what I am planning when i get to that.
    @Somacruz145: thanks and perhaps they are a bit too bright ;)
    @Galen: thanks and it is mainly a lot of work. I am less proficient in making a nice TNG design even so this is shaping up quite well.
    84402.jpg
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet work! Don't know why I didn't see this one before. Reminds me of some really detailed color schematics that I saw over 10 years ago. I really like the way you're not constraining all of your interior spaces to just one level like so many others, and actually having the machinery take up space. That lower forward phaser control room is a very good example of that, and makes it seem that much more real.
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Looking absolutely gorgeous
    Thanks it is a rewarding but slow progress to fill every part of the ship. It helps that I like the ship design so... slowly I am getting there.

A update with sections completed, workbees added, tractor emitters, impulse engines and a start on engineering.
    testms13.jpg
    The image is kind of unsharp but that is due to the host program I use. Photobucket or servimg do not allow large images which is a shame. The original image shows more detail but is around 11500x4000px in size.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    you want a tip involving photobucket?

on the upload page, click the blue 'more options' link, set the upload size to 1 mb, click save.
    Thanks Xraider will take a look at it.
    Some eyecandy. Finished the impulse engines and main engineering. Also added a Sphinx workpod which was design by Andy Probert if I am not wrong. In size it is bigger then the older workbees but I am guessing it has better capabilities.
    testms14.jpg
    And now I might need some help with some design issues. The first being the holodeck... this is a TMP Design updated to TNG era. Do Miranda or Excelsior class vessels have holodecks? If not I think I will change the holodeck into a gym.
    I am also looking into what kind of probes the ship will be carying. I am thinking about type 1 to 4 and of course modified torpedoes considering this is not a very big vessel after all.

That being said any information and comments can be useful.
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    My guess would be that out of those classes of Federation starfleet starships that predate widespread use of holodecks on starships, those ships that did survive into the TNG era were eventually upgraded with holodeck technology, only not updated quite as often as newer ships of newer designs. Riker once made a comment on how the Enterprise's holodecks were more advanced than any others he had seen until that point. My reasoning for why Excelsior class starships would be refit with holodecks would be that they'd still get front line, long-term assignments even after 80 (2365), or perhaps even 90 (2375) years of service. As for Mirandas and Oberths, at least those that were frequently assigned ferry duty are bound to have been upgraded with holodecks to entertain the passengers.
    I'd say keep the holodecks and maybe add some cargo bays because I don't see them around :D
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The detail where the neck ties into the secondary hull is well done.
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    this is really impressive.
    Thanks everyone. A minor update showing a secondary cargobay below the impulse engine assembly, escape pods and some other minor updates. The main cargobay will be located in the large space behind the hangarbay.

testms16.jpg

It is kind of blurred when you zoom in but when I finish this project I will see if I can find some hosting space to put in the full highres version
    Great stuff.

RE the restriction in size and quality: Get yourself a free account with www.imageshack.us. They don't have anything as silly has max size, space or bandwidth restrictions.
    Thanks will take a look at that since as it is now the drawing looses a lot of the finer details which is a shame.
    As a sidenote I am thinking about also making the other orthos of this ship.
  • I like the more realistic style, less like a msd, rather a real-life cutaway. The amount of detail you put into this is just stunning. How do you keep track pf all those little gizmos?
    An idea for the turbo lift rails: the crossings would look better and more functional, then the horizontal and vertical rails would actually connect, instead of just joining bluntly.
    RalleHopp wrote: »
    I like the more realistic style, less like a msd, rather a real-life cutaway. The amount of detail you put into this is just stunning. How do you keep track pf all those little gizmos?
    An idea for the turbo lift rails: the crossings would look better and more functional, then the horizontal and vertical rails would actually connect, instead of just joining bluntly.

Mainly need to have a lot of patience and time to think about the gizmos. I tend to do some other projects, get some ideas and get back to this. And I will take a look at the turbolift connections... it sounds better the way you put it so need to experiment with it.

A quick ortho view... for 3d modelling:
    orthos12.jpg
    Not completely accurate.
    Wow that's quite different from what I expected it to be in other views :D Looks nice though :thumb:
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I'd like to see that secondary hull on other designs as well.
    Its been a while since I posted but after some consideration I decided to post this image of the TMP/TNG ship design. It now has considerable more rooms filled like the transporters, sensors etc.

Still have some way to go but the main rooms are there. Now only the warpnacelle, deflector, torpedoroom, hydrophonics and crewquarters.

first try with imageshack even so scaled it down to 40% of the original
    testmsd9.jpg
    Nice to see new transporter rooms, plants and the Argo :D Keep it up and finish it already ! :thumb:
    Damn that is very nice!