Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DE.S.S. Aachen XCV-770 Model

Number 6Number 6331 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
This is my first ever attempt at a Trek model. I found these really great blueprints on the cygnus-x1.net site that has a lot of Trek blueprints that were drawn up by Andrew J. Marsden. I'm hoping he won't mind me attempting a model of his design. I liked the nice compact design of this ship and thought that it would be with in my modeling skills. I just started it a couple of days ago and this is as far as I've gotten so far. I've added some basic textures just to give it a little more dimension. Still has a long way to go though.
Post edited by Number 6 on
Tagged:

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Welcome to the madness that is modelling Trek ships! This is a great start, and I look forward to seeing the direction you take from here.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    i've always liked this ship and you are definitely doing it justice...
  • ghoyle1ghoyle10 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice!
  • Number 6Number 6331 Posts: 0Member
    Did some work adding more detail to the nacelles. Next big addition that I'm going to start doing is the raised panels on primary saucer and add the hanger bay doors.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Ooooooo! And classic in the making. I love these old trek ships.
  • Number 6Number 6331 Posts: 0Member
    Hi All!, finally got a chance to get back to work on the ship today. I added the raised panels to the main saucer, the thruster rockets and also added the shuttle bay doors to the back of the saucer.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Not bad at all dude. The design looks very retro. I think the 'rockets' stick out a bit, but that's more a comment on the original design, not your following of it. Are you indenting to keep to the 50's style lineage, or do you plan on moderning this design up? (as this should affect people's comments going forward!) :)