Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DScience Shuttle Concept and questions.....

rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
edited December 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I am working on a Oberth-inspired ship design......A re-design of sorts. Anyway, I found a design on Desktop Starships site called the Einstein that gave me the idea and inspired this particular design......a new type of shuttle.......say one that could be used for an extended mission......say a three month plantary studdy for instance.

Anyway, the question is the creation of gridlines/ hulllines in Sketchup and rendering in Kerkythea.

The technique I used was to activate the show hidden geometry in Sketchup, then sub-divide the individual segments into eighths, color those sections and erase the un-used divisions.

Look at this design and tell me ( particularly you Sketchup and Kerky users ) if this technique renders well and what you think of the hull lines/ grid lines.....

As a sidenote, I am using Sketchup 8 and have not yet re-installed Kerky plugin for Sketchup 8

I would really appreciate tips, ideas, comments, corrections, etc. in an effort to really nail down the look of gridlines.
86461.jpg
Post edited by rwking on
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4101 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,310Member
    Yes, I do the grid line the same way in SU, however in some areas you may find easier (or perhaps not) to do the lines manually, some Ruby scripts like Tools on surface are particulary usefull for that.
    I also recommend you visit BorgMan's thread about SU tips, it have definitely helped me in the past.

The ship is looking good and I like the idea, keep it up!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio