Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRenaissance Class Starship In Blender

Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
edited December 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I'm trying to decide what my next Starship will be to model. I think the Renaissance class might be fun. This is a class of starship only referred to on computer monitors and graphics on the shows; it has never been seen on screen. There is no official design for this class, but there are some fun conceptual drawings out there, and so I thought I would take my inspiration from them.

This hull predates the Ambassador Class, and so I want it to look somewhat more primitive, so I tried to make it boxier. I got a head start by re-shaping the nacelles and the Saucer of my Ambassador class. It's going to be much Smaller than the Ambassador, so the bridge and windows will be much larger. I'm still just playing around with basic shapes, just about everything is subject to change.

ren3.jpg

ren2.jpg

ren1.jpg

ren4.jpg
Post edited by Polaris 004 on
Tagged:

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    If this predates Ambassador, and is closer to Excelsior, perhaps putting the glow tube on the nacelles on top instead of down the side is called for?
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Maybe even use some stubby Excelsior type nacelles?
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    To have it stand out from other Ambassador-ish attempts, perhaps the Destiny treatment is in order for impulse drives at the rear of the saucer, or you might have have a Vulcan-shuttle-type combined warp/impulse nacelles, with no visible impulse deck on the saucer at all, except below where the neck joins for emergency sep'
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice. Can't say I like the horizontal pylon-version though, but I guess that's because I'm used to the Ent-C version.