Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCaspian Space Monster...

AtolmAtolm334 Posts: 76Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
From the shipyards of the Federation colony world of Alpha Centauri, Lun'-Class TOS Cruiser.
The Lun'-Class (Russian for Harrier), was an attempt by me to establish a starship philosophy that would be different from the Federation standard, but at the same time being noticeably Federation.

Enjoy mates.
Lun'-Class, USS Caspian:
atolmcaspian01.jpg
atolmcaspian02.jpg
atolmcaspian03.jpg
atolmcaspian04.jpg
Special thanks to Wicked Zombie for rendering my mesh up as always.
85290.jpg
Post edited by Atolm on
Tagged:

• LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Well, interesting. Although I don't understand the tri-nacelle combination (as well as the jet engine design), it does have a certain something about it. And perhaps if you moved the nacelles to the rear part of the saucer and turned the pylons for them the other direction it would look better.
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    I can definitely see the Ekranoplan inspiration already :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    That's an interesting design. I like it.
  • AtolmAtolm334 Posts: 76Member
    YIIMM wrote: »
    I can definitely see the Ekranoplan inspiration already :)
    You my friend totally understand my direction... Nicely done!

For the rest of you :
    She's just a thought I had a few days back...
    I had decided to approach the Federation colony world (TOS time-frame) of Alpha-Centauri's tech to be similar to Russian tech and design philosophies . The hulls would be darker and raw-looking due to the ores and composites that would be used. The warps are good, but not as good or state-of-the-art as the designs that came from the Starfleet Corps of Engineers in the Terran system. So they had developed very rugged, straight-to-the-point, no-nonsense designs. The Lun'-Class herself, was named in honour of the soviet ekranoplane of the same name, as is the term "Caspian Space Monster". The USS Caspian is around 200m in overall length, but she has more mass than a Connie does. She is a Cruiser nothing more, but I like variety.
    Many of the details on her are homages to Matt Jefferies conceptual work for the Enterprise herself, I liked to try some newer "older' stuff out as well :) .
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looking nice and just as unique as always :thumb: It seems a bit awkward but then again originality almost always is :D
    Small Update to where I'm at:
    atolmcaspian05.jpg
    atolmcaspian06.jpg
    atolmcaspian07.jpg
    atolmcaspian08.jpg

Special thnx to WZ and Tus for suggestions, advice and renders.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    YouA’re working fast my friend.
    The predominant color of the hull is a bit strange. I suggest you to add insignias here and there. ;)
    Getting closer to completion:
    atolmcaspian09.jpg
    atolmcaspian10.jpg
    atolmcaspian11.jpg
    atolmcaspian12.jpg

As always, Thanks to the Deadman for the renders.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, that looks lovely! A great design.