Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DUnnamed TMP Ship

RekkertRekkert4052 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,305Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Needed to do some Trek related modeling, and while I'm learning to use 3DS Max I'm still unable to do anything with it, so I started doing this ship using MS Paint. I'm designing it on the go so I don't know how it'll end up looking.:p
What do you thing?

NaveTMP.png
Post edited by Rekkert on
For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
Tagged:

• FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    looking good and nice to hear you are getting better in modelling, hope you will finish or work on the Buenos Aires Class some more since the texturing you have been adding make it look better and better. Your 2d design so far looks good. A little bit smaller then the Constitution right? Will it have the same nacelle layout as the Constitution or are you planning to do something different ;)
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    Yeah, drop this Conny-Wannabe and get back to the BA!

Just kidding (well, partly anyway)! ;)

About the warp drive: I've always wondered what it would look like to have the neck and pylons kinda flow into each other (the neck stretching further back, the pylons reaching further front) on a refit Conny. Keeping it a bit simpler, why not simply attach the pylons directly to the sides of the neck, sticking straight out and back, with the nacelles mounted sideways as well?
  • RekkertRekkert4052 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,305Member
    Don't worry guys, I'll get back to the Buenos Aires as soon as I learn some basic modeling on 3DS, as I've decided to stop using SketchUp to focus myself on the learning. I already attempted to start modeling the basic lines of the saucer from the schematics, but the results weren't very good.

Anyway, done some more on this ship, and I like your idea Bell'Orso, I don't knoe yet if I'll use it but I'm definitevely gonna put the nacelles below the saucer line and close to the neck (as seen from a side view).

NaveTMP-1.png
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    • U.S.S. Sarajevo
    • U.S.S. Moscow
    • U.S.S. Tchaikovsky
    • U.S.S. Vancouver
    • U.S.S. Indonesia
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    What format are you saving it in to upload it? It looks like it's getting aliased.

That aside, it's a nifty little design.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I like to see ships from the TMP era. In terms of nacelles and their supports, how about having the nacelles supports similar to Enterprise C, but sleeker. Have the nacelles supports angle straight back, just above and behind the lower docking port, run back then upwards at an angle. A unique nacelle might look nice as well.
  • RekkertRekkert4052 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,305Member
    Endeavour wrote: »
    What format are you saving it in to upload it? It looks like it's getting aliased.
    I upload them as png files, I don't upload them as jpg because the quality is worst.

Started the nacelles, not sure how I'll conect it to the hull yet, probably as publiusr suggested or something like this.
    NaveTMP-2.png
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Good to see more TMP designs. I do like the connection idea as seen on the novel cover. I would suggest you make the nacelle a tiny bit longer bit that is it. ;)
  • walpurgiswalpurgis181 Posts: 0Member
    I think Its cool the way it is, Ive always liked the shorter nacelles, and I like how close to the saucer they are, makes it look simultaneously more stable and more powerful, like a swimmer about to dive off the block and into the water. this ship look like its about to Explode into motion!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    It looks like something that would inspire the Ambassador class in that configuration.