Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIn trouble again, Pink-skin?

ChikanChikan0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey everybody!

It's been a LONG time since I had anything to post here. Dont ya just love it when IRL interferes with hobbies? :rolleyes:

I figured I might as well post what I'm working on at the moment... If you didn't guess from the thread title, this will (eventually) be an Andorian battlecruiser. What you see here so far took a little over 24 hours total, so I'm not having any misconceptions about getting this thing done in a day. :lol: It's also up to 80k polys so far, so I'll probably have to do some clean-up at some point.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back! Let me know what you think so far.
85016.jpg
Post edited by Chikan on
Tagged:

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great! Always liked the design of this andorian ship, you#re doing a very nice job so far :)
  • Beda of BorgBeda of Borg0 Posts: 0Member
    Here are some Pics of my own try on this Baby :)
    Its about 1 or 2 Years ago, and i never finished her.
    The last one is the current state....

031040fandorian2.jpg

0310e959bandorian4.jpg

031070cf69eandorian5b.jpg

031083aandorian5btextura.jpg

0310e686bdkopf3.jpg

0310b8bauch1.jpg

0310b04d95komplettbisher.jpg
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    wow,wow! looks gorgous...! keep this stuff up.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Easily one of my favorite ship designs from the Enterprise series. Really some fantastic work so far Chikan. Keep it coming. :thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Impressive work.
  • ChikanChikan0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks everybody! :)

Beda: Very nice work! A bit sleeker & rounder than the original, but that gives it a really different feel... Like a faster scout version or something. Looks great either way. :D

I think I'm about ready to move on to the neck and start progressing back along the fuselage now. Got the front end just about nailed down, I think. Here's where she's at right now:

(It's greeble time! :lol:)
    84940.jpg
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Welcome back! She looks very good!
    More progress! :D

I'm hoping to get the main chunk of the 'neck' done tonight, but we'll see where I end up.
    84945.jpg
    Ok, so I got a little more done than just the neck. :lol:

I've still got some paneling to add on the nacelles, and the rest of the greebles in the 'trench' that runs down the sides of the body. With any luck, I might be able to start on the impulse housings and maybe even the wings tomorrow. For now, though, it's bedtime. :p
    84946.jpg84947.jpg84948.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work!

..that is one thing that bothered me about enterprise, no matter how awesome eaves' designs are, the sublight engines being glowy pieces of candy seems weird :/
    ..if those are the impulse engines. What do I know, might be the warp engines :p
    Well, I decided to skip the paneling & greebles for now, so my head doesn't explode. :lol:

Instead, the impulse housings are now in place. (Though they have quite a few panels & greebles to be added as well. Ugh. :lol:
    84956.jpg84957.jpg
    Didn't have a lot of time to work on this today, but made a little more progress. Just have to decide now if I want to move on to the wing-mounted nacelles and pods, or go back and work on all the remaining greebles & whatnot. :lol:

On the bright side, I've managed to keep the polycount a lot lower than I expected. Currently sitting at 147k, though I'm sure that'll go up quite a bit after the greebling, paneling, etc.
    84958.jpg84959.jpg
  • Phoenix9000Phoenix90000 Posts: 0Member
    This is my favorite ENT design by far......am excited to see your work progress :)
    More updates... Decided to skip the greebles for now... This was more fun anyway. :cool:

(Polycount's up to 154k.. Still very reasonable, I think)
    84986.jpg84987.jpg
    Last update for today. :lol:
    84992.jpg84993.jpg
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i always liked this one.

what are those on the wings ? warp boosters ?

looking forward to it
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, that's amazing what details you pour in there.
    Thanks! :D

And yea, the 'pods' on top of the wings are warp nacelles, best I can tell. Seems that the ship has 4 total, but in 2 separate pairs, rather than all 4 being identical. Silly Andorians! :lol:

Here's where she sits at the moment. Still need to panel the central nacelles, and finish all the greebling. On the home stretch now though! :cool:
    85014.jpg85015.jpg85016.jpg
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Hi,

That looks great. Are you using Blender 2.54?

Brian
    2.49 actually... I've been doin a little bit of editing on the side for a game engine, and the scripts that let me import/export in the game's format don't seem to work correctly with 2.54 for some reason.
    Just about finished! Gonna do some clean-up and tweak the materials a bit, and that'll pretty much do it. I've just gotta decide if I want to re-make the panels on the front end or not, to get rid of a few pesky smoothing errors that are arguing with me. :lol:
    85037.jpg85038.jpg
  • TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, this model is amazing! Any plans to release this for public use? I am developing an enterprise era fan series, would love to use this model and credit you. Either way, great work! Have you thought about modeling the vulcan ships?
    Actually I fully plan to release this one when I officially declare it "done". I've decided that I am gonna re-do those front panels, just so that I can be 100% satisfied with it. Should have it finished within a couple days. :)

As for the Vulcans, the thought has crossed my mind... But it'll probably be at least a week or 2 before I could dive into one, as I'm already nose-deep in another model on top of finishing this one. LOL