Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Another Alpha Channel Question...

jason33wjason33w0 Posts: 0Member
OK hopefully this is not too complicated to explain I will give a quick rundown of my scene. (it builds apon the Alpha question from before.) I have a Sun in the back, in front of that is a Spaceship Carrier, and in front of that, there is a Fighter. Is there any way to set each object (Sun, Carrier, Fighter) to create their alphas on 3 separate alphas? Like, render one frame, and also save a separate alpha image for each one? The fighter's alpha image would only show the fighter, same with the carrier and the Sun. This is for an animated sequence so rendering each one by itself would take up a lot of time on my system. I hope this made sense and was not too confusing. Thanks for the help! (3dsmax 2010, Vray)
Post edited by jason33w on

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    isolate the elements you want in the same layer, and render it as a tga or tiff
    then composite them in after effect.

dont forget to set your BG color to full black. later, in AE, when you import it, AE asks you wich color it is to be premultiplied with. say it full black (or whatever color you rendered it in max BG color)