Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFederation B.O.P solaris class

metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
seems everyone's doing startrek ships :)

i myself have done a romulan ship already and thought what the hell might aswell do something for the federation so having spent all night not being able to sleep i finally got bored with other stuff and "planed" out a design

based on the klingon bird of prey i decided to design my fed ship around the bird of preys overall shape its going to take time to do this one with all the curves and hull sections but heres the basic blocked out design

any C&C would be great
84244.jpg
Post edited by metalsnake on
Tagged:

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Interesting look. Seems more like a mix between the Prometheus and a Vor'Cha, though. Not the B'rel.
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    You know, I agree with Aresius that this looks more like a variation on the old D7 / K'Tinga / Vor'cha battlecruiser design lineage than that of the much smaller B.o.P., what with the head being just as flat as the neck and the ends of the rear wings sporting what looks like warp nacelles instead of disruptor cannons. Don't quite see the Prometheus influence, though.

But whatever, Federation or Klingon, cruiser or scout, this is looking interesting.
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    the head, neck and wings are all "blocked" out atm making this a basic shape and the final model wont be flat at least i hope not, i'll model in the beasic hull etc then upload a updated render so you can see more of an unflattened design :)
    Aha, well, then let's see where that goes.

I think the Prometheus is in there somewhere, because of the spear-headed design. Straightforward and pointy, y'know...
    Aresius wrote: »
    Aha, well, then let's see where that goes.

I think the Prometheus is in there somewhere, because of the spear-headed design. Straightforward and pointy, y'know...

well lets find out, its lotto time lol

heres the idea planned out sadly i'm not sure if i'll be able to continue it yet as its hitting over 55,000 polys and my damn computer aint able to hack it much but i should be able to finish the basic model i'd be glad to give it to someone to do a high poly model with or i need to buy me a new computer lmao
    84246.jpg
    Okay, I can see the B'Rel a bit better now, but still, I think it's closer to the Vor'Cha.
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    doesn't look fedish enough, doesn't look quite klingon either, maybe it's just some weird alien race out there.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    That's 55k already? Looks like you need to go back and redo it to get rid most of those polys. BTW you should try some sort of bird name for the class, like warhawk or eagle or something.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Starfleet doesn't need a huge battlecruiser with Neg'var-Class leanings. There's been better designs that've stayed smaller, more elusive, and generally truer to the point of a bird of prey with few necessary changes to already established runabouts/shuttlecraft.
    84256.jpg
    :rolleyes: Only because you think that's not necessary it doesn't mean it is no necessary. And I see no Negh'Var influence anyways...
    well not much to report on this one redid the design this version doesnt have much of a B.O.P style in it but let me know which on you think is better the old one or this Mk2 version
    84341.jpg
    That's better.
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    Here's how I see it: The previous design, whether actually Klingon or Klingon-inspired Federation, was far too smooth in the end. This one, for a Federation design, is far too blocky. Please round off those curves on the saucer section. I do like the general direction this is taking, though.
    well with this design i'm trying to keep it low poly and hopefully it kinda follows the style of a pointy camero car at the front end and its not finished how ever i've added some details around the hull so hopefully it'll give it a better look though if it still cant soften the curves i may redo the saucer section

anyhow heres a couple of renders to look at
    84346.jpg84347.jpg
    just added the warp nacelles though i'm not sure if they'll stay like this or whether i'll improve them and the saucer i've still got the phasers strips and photon torpedo launchers to add in and the deflector array though at the moment this might totally get redone again and again
    84431.jpg
    Cool look. I like how that turns out. :)
    The pylons need work. The straight versions don't really flow with the ship.
    The saucer really needs to be more rounded at the edges.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    SheA’s looking good!
    personally those square pylons and the edges are part of the style after all its low poly.... its unique and its still a wip so shhh lol i like it like this and so do other people :) which makes me happy.......... very happy hehe
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Interesting evolution of the Intrepid Pathfinder-Class.
    the what class ?? never heard of that one i'm afraid this came out from my head with no references used so simularities are coincidental if anything i'd say this is more a class called "the what you end up making at 6 in the morning" :P :)
    He always makes up such nonsense to justify stealing...
    who does i so hope you aint meaning me :P i dont think she's bad looking for a random 6am knock up and that could be taken in the kinky way but hey its all in fun anyone got any warp 10 coffee :)
    Hellsgate wrote: »

Those two look nothing alike....
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    are we nit picking about Federation ships again, if so i can go on and on and on on certain designs, mostly by that weird guy Eaves and his stupid designs ;)
    speaking of those designs i'm attempting to do one of them now but yeah i deffo agree with oldmangreg on my design and the intrepid pathfinder class there nothing alike mostly cos theres no chance mines going to be smoothed surfaced lol imo if it has phasers photon torpedo launchers and warp nacelles it fits into star trek and its so easy to make things have those hehehe