Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Material Editor disapeared...

StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
Weird, donA’t you think?
My 17'' LG monitor is out of combat for now, so, I bring back to life an old 14" monitor from a Pentium III. :D All is working fine with 3ds max, except the material editor. It simply canA’t be acessed. Using menu or shortcut donA’t matter, the material editor canA’t be seen. :o Any ideas about the obvious "replace the monitor" or "bring back the old monitor to life"?
Post edited by Starship on

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    customize user interface > and reload the default

when switching back from a dual display to a single display, always be sure to drag all of the windows in the primary screen.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    The material editor saves its coordinates, so your window is probably just outside of your current resolution. Especially annoying when you have to back to a single screen from a dual screen set up.

Anyway, good news is, it's relatively easy to reset. Go to your Max folder, open up 3dsmax.ini and look for MtlEditorPosition. Fiddle with the coordinates there, until the window fits on your screen again.

[edit] ... or you could just do what l2k suggested. :p
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • lennier1lennier1914 Posts: 1,284Member
    Had the same problem once after my second monitor had failed and even that UI reset command had failed for the coordinate window.

In the end it was quite simple. Just click on a neutral spot in a viewport, press Alt+Space to open the application context menu and press M to select "Move" and an arrow key afterwards. Now the floating window is glued to your mouse pointer and you can move it back into view.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    Thank you friends!

At the end, the workaround pointed by lennier solved the problem. :)