Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D1701-D Sickbay

tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I haven't forgotten about the 1701-D bridge I was screaming for help on, but I was really wanting to do a scene in sickbay so I went ahead and got a jump on it. As you can see it's already pretty far along; for now I'm using Voyager biobeds borrowed from the now-defunct dtemachine.com, I'm trying to decide whether I should build the TNG ones or leave them as is since this is set during the VOY/1701-E years. What do you guys think on that one? I'm also kicking around the idea of making all the portable props from the VOY era (which will save time when I do the VOY sickbay down the road); thoughts on that?

Meantime, how do you like this? I'm still working on the lighting obviously and the carpet isn't done yet, but the hard parts (the doctor's office and the curved surfaces outside thereof, and the overhead sensor cluster) are done, so all that's left is a little mopping up with the carpet and some small props (i.e. the hypospray loaders) and this will be finished. I'm really excited because this will interlock perfectly with my existing corridor set and actors can walk seamlessly from one to the other.

I've scripted a scene in this room but I don't quite know yet how to visualize it: after attempts to analyze it in Engineering fail due to the presence of biological components, the ship's chief engineer along with Lt Cmdr Data ("on loan" along with Counselor Troi from the Enterprise) take a newly discovered and partially completed female android to sickbay for analysis. I can't decide whether she should be sitting upright in a chair hooked up to a cart-mounted scanner, or on the primary biobed a la Ilia from TMP?
61183.jpg
Post edited by tnpir4002 on
Tagged:

• FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    once again it looks even better than in the series! I wonder what u could do with the TOS Sickbay ^^..
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Sounds similar to a few TNG episodes.
    BTW, you're not supposed to steal set construction photos and call it your own art :D
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    I'd say stick with the Voyager biobeds. On another note, how about some holoprojectors for the EMH?
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    I'd say stick with the Voyager biobeds. On another note, how about some holoprojectors for the EMH?

They didn't have those on TNG.
  • tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
    tnpir4002 wrote: »
    ...whether I should build the TNG ones or leave them as is since this is set during the VOY/1701-E years.

This is where the dilemma originates.
  • nirvaaanirvaaa0 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, looks very nice.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    @Lonewriter: They didn't have it in TNG, aye, but maybe the bridge in Generations was not the only thing to be refitted. ;)
    And it's likely that all other Galaxy-class ships unterwent these changes as well.
    It's done! What do you think? (and while we're at it, I've been working on Engineering too and I think I have a winner there too; what do you guys think?)
    61208.jpg61209.jpg
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    great work, tnpir4002. amazing!
  • barry1barry1331 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb::thumb::thumb: it looks better then it did on tv :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I think the modeling looks great in both, but to me sickbay looks a bit too dark. If you think about people doing really technical, tricky procedures, they'd need a lot stronger lighting than that (although admittedly it was pretty dingy in First Contact and probably Generations too).
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    No, make it brighter. The voyager sickbay was pretty well lit; and if they choose to make it darker for cinematic purposes, that just made it look dumb, imo. :D

btw, what good is a sickbay with half a dozen beds for a crew of nearly 1,000 personnel and families? :p
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Never thought it'd look good with the VOY beds, but it does! Great work! :D
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    No, make it brighter. The voyager sickbay was pretty well lit; and if they choose to make it darker for cinematic purposes, that just made it look dumb, imo. :D

Plus if it's light to begin with, then it'll be all the more dramatic when there's an emergency and the lights go off or red alert is called.
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    so i know that this is border lining on necro, and kinda random, but is it possible to see ortho renders of the wireframe?
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...
    Here ya go! Someone asked for the wireframe of my bridge model, that one's infinitely more complex.

This is the wireframe for the second image. There's extra detail in the wireframe not visible in the render, that's the corridor attachment outside the doors.
    61798.jpg61799.jpg
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Nice! Vey clean modeling. I know the moody lighting wouldn't make much sense in real life, but... meh. Rule of Drama. :)

How's your scene with the female android coming along?

homerpalooza67: If I remember right, the sickbay we saw on TV all the time was the "Main" sickbay. There's probably quite a few infimaries (aka re-dressed sickbay sets ;) ) around the ship that we didn't see.

Besides, it's the 24th century, we're all supposed to be in disgustingly great shape by then. :)
    I haven't progressed to the sickbay scenes quite yet, I'm still working on getting the other sets built and perfected. The latest hurdle is the main bridge--the side stations just don't look right (and neither did the equipment lockers before them), way too long to fill the cavity that's there. I think the problem is a height issue, that I didn't make the walls tall enough and that's affecting how the other furnishings look.

Once I get the bridge set finished, all I have left is the ready room, briefing room, and the transporter room, so production will hopefully start moving forward soon. I'll post a full suite of interiors once they're done and perfected, I'm trying to walk the line between TNG and Generations in terms of design and lighting, so we'll see.
  • mdbruffymdbruffy180 Posts: 2Member
    These all look great! But can I ask a very simple question? What format are you working in?
    Wow, just shy of two years...dunno if that's a record bump but it's definitely worth noting.

In answer to your question, all of this is being done in Bryce 7.