Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy BSG'ish VIP's

stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys,

it's been a while since i posted my last vip here, so i'll give this one a try.
Not much to see, just roughed out the base shape and done some plating etc.
I'm not shure about the scale, so i added a tiny little viper i modeled some months ago *wich is hard to recognice, because it's very, very small compared to this ... hum... BS?!*
Have fun.

Cheers Stephan
83110.jpg
83111.jpg
83112.jpg
Post edited by stephan_ska on

• larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    I like the start, but i think i would like to see more.
    I think the design would be better with the new style of engines instead of the big box ones at the back. But that just my opinion.
    I cant wait to see more tho...keep at it mate.
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks amazing! Keep working! Keep working and post it :D :D :D (IA’m sorry, IA’m BSG maniac :D)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Aye, I am curious to see where this goes! :)
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for your reply and comments. I'll think over it.

Todays update is a really small one but it's an update. Enjoy. Added some mor armorplates to the flightpod section, reworked the main "anti-ship" guns etc...

Also there's a question i'll have to decide soon. Wich way should i go: the one way with three main engine pods or the other one with the newer designed engine pods and 4 of them. ... Help is needed in that way.

And, this is not a VIP Thread ... it's simple a WIP-thread .... sry for that mistake ^^
    83169.jpg83170.jpg
    023.jpg 77.1K
    019.jpg 183.5K
    That "new series" engines looks better in design with new series looking of BS...
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    What's all the stuff hanging from the bottom? It looks woefully unarmored...
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    The design is very interesting, I like the engines pods of the pic on the left, the upper one, it is closer to engine poods from the new serie. As for the ship, it has flight pods, it has a big size, so it is definitely a battlestar:D.
    It is nice to see more ships that looks from the First Cylon War era. Keep it up!
  • MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
    Yay, I think I found the your tiny Viper :p. What is the structure on the underside?
    Morpheus wrote: »
    Yay, I think I found the your tiny Viper :p. What is the structure on the underside?

The viper is ....hum... to small / the BS to large ?
    I haven't really made any thoughts about dimensions or something else bevor modeling, so the BS is about 2680m long now (!) compared to this viper *witch length is ~8.4m*
    So maybe the whole thing is a little bit out off scale.

The Structures on the underside is .... i don't really know but it looks great to me.:p *the drawings, don'T know if i could match it if modeled !!*

Some days earlier i found that picture *see attached drawing* at www and i found that it would be nice to do a small mod of this. Don'T know who drawn it and to who the kredits have to be payed. So please be kind if i have done something wrong with posting this great work here^^
    But on that drawing my model is based ... thats all.

Aslo i have to say thank you for your replies.
    Actually i have reworked the ribs and the armorplates have to follow realy soon to.
    I haven' done any decission of wich way i will go with these two versions. The "larg" one or the other one, so i will model them both at the same time.

Cheers,
    S.
    83224.jpg83225.jpg
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    Oh, I didn't know it was a contest to point it out! I saw it right away. ...Not that there was any reward worth fighting over anyway.

Your model seems considerably larger than any of the canon battlestar designs. Since you didn't have a plan for them... pointy little bits like those on the underside of the drawing are usually labeled as sensors or communications equipment of some sort, id est that's the usual explanation.
    Some minor updates.
    I added some more plating and reworked the ribs. Also added the Shuttle and "Colonial One" modeled by COXXON *both is available here at scifi-meshes.com included in the low-poly BSG flleet thank you for this great work!!* to the scene so some comparsion is much easier....
    83356.jpg83357.jpg
    Wow, your BS is sure huge, I bet a small rag tag fleet could fit on her massive hangar bays :D.

IMO, the lower structure is a nice addition, but it doesn't quite follow the streamline of the ship.
    It does not, but at least he brought something new to BSG universe :D :D
    Dr.Sleep wrote: »
    It does not, but at least he brought something new to BSG universe :D :D

So you think we have seen all from BSG universe ? I don't think so ! But thanks for your reply.

@ Morpheus: Thanks for your reply too, but who cares for streamline designed spaceships ? :devil:

Anyway.
    I made some minor thoughts myself about where these Battlestars would be built if they are built ^^. So i modeled the base of an constructionyard, called Hephaistos.
    Here the first small stepps.
    Have fun !
    83445.jpg83446.jpg83447.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work there love the drydock hope to see more soon
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    I must say that the ship is huge too, it is almosr a citystar or maybe a siegestar.

The drydock concept is very interesting, it is obvious that you followed some bits of the style of the Scorpion Fleetyards, and that is great because it gives an authentic feel to your station.

And those structures over the ship been build, I bet many people think that structures like those are the ones over the engines of some Valkyrie type ships seen in Razor and started the discussion about a version of the ship with rollbar (since some design concepts of Valkyrie show the ship with rollbar), but I'd rather say no more about that topic because it does not belong to this threat.

I like that you gave your ship a proper station :)

Keep it up! :thumb: .
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    WOW im loving the station, would fit really well into the BSG universe...(So wish they do more)...im loving the addition of the support beams over the top of your battlestar, being a ship of that size i guess it would need some sort of support around her until she is finished.
    Man, I didnA’t mean, that in BSG are no news, but you always see new ships with similar design and some changes... you changed shape of model in so brutal way, that I havenA’t seen since SnipeStar :D
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Coming along very nice!
    Nice shipyard, but isn't the dock is a bit too small for the ship? Someone gonna have his/her flight status revoked after bumping that ship :p