Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Practical1:2500 scale Romulan Nova Z-1 master Finished

2»

• ColourbrandColourbrand0 Posts: 0Member
    DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!!

Er what colour will she be?
  • DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!!

thanks! i'll pass yours and everyone elses recent comments along to Ralph - he's been doing work for me for about 10 years now? i don't mind paying his price for the work he does
    Er what colour will she be?

any color the builder wishes it to be. some say a sea gray for the main body where others will be doing it in a green ..... can't wait to see them done and sitting along side of their Whitewinds and Wing Defenders (and in the same scale)
    thanks! i'll pass yours and everyone elses recent comments along to Ralph - he's been doing work for me for about 10 years now? i don't mind paying his price for the work he does

any color the builder wishes it to be. some say a sea gray for the main body where others will be doing it in a green ..... can't wait to see them done and sitting along side of their Whitewinds and Wing Defenders (and in the same scale)

Hey i have my moments :) - just on the colour scene there was a lead model that was painted a strange purple and gold I saw once from one of them long gone sci fi mags - name eludes...just curious...

You have scale models of the Wing Defender and Whitewinds? Er any chance that I can have a wee peek? :D
  • best i can do for right now would be to post pictures from one of the stores that sells them (i sell them too when i have them)

Whitewind:

this picture shows the top and bottom of one of the wings, the original nacelles plus the optional upgraded nacelles and the top of the mian hull
    ody_whitewind_07S.jpg

here is a picture of it painted (they window decals were made by the builder)
    ody_whitewind.jpg

here is the Winged Defender:

this picture shows all of the parts from the top
    ODY-WDParts.jpg

this shows the main hull from the top left side
    ODY-WDParts2.jpg

this shows the main hull from the bottom right side
    ODY-WDParts3.jpg

right now i just started using some of the new molds for the wings of the Whitewind and will be starting on a new mold for the main hull of the ship. i'll be starting on new molds for the Winged Defender next

the Winged defender had about half of the hinged fingers as you see here when i first got it and some of the feathers were a bit miss matched (looked like 2 different designs) so I sent it to Ralph and he ended up making new wings, all the feathers and made the new hinges. it's a bear trying to set up the forms for the molds for the wings, but once the molds are done, they come out nicely
    GAWD!!!

They look absoultly FAB!!!!!!

:thumb:

Tell Ralph hes a TALENT!!!
  • Ralph ony gets them whan i want some additional work done to them. they came from my partner in Australia who mastered them, then i got got them and asked Ralph for some minor work/touchups
  • Well the master is here, in hand and I must say this thing has some mass to it! The wings are fairly thick even near the nacelles, i figure they are about 2mm+ thick, but the nacelles, now those things are huge! I'm glad i'll be casting them hollow.

With the wings being as thick as they are, if the nacelles were solid, I'd still worry about the wings sagging at some point, but now, I don't think i'll have to worry (I hope).

i'll be getting it ready for molding this week and if nothing gets in the way, i hope to start casting them by this time next week and send one out for decals. Idealy I'd like to have them in the stores by 12-1 for last minute Christmas shopping (they can also be bough through me). looking at what I see for it's size and what it may take for rubber, i'm figuring it'll be $55.00, but that's a guess at this time as i still have to pay for the decal part and that will effect the selling price also.

when the kit is ready to be boxed and shipped, i'll post the final selling price for anyone that might be interested in buying any

oh and if i remember and get the time, i'll put the master together and set it next to the Winged Defender and the Whitewind for scaling reference
  • okay, here are a few quick (and not so clear) pictures of the Z-1 master

in this picture i have the Whitewind to the left and the Winger Defender to the right
    Picture166.jpg

in this picture i tried to get a low veiw of the Whitewind and Z-1 from the from to give a better some idea of the mass of the Z-1's hull compared to the Whitewind Picture171.jpg

this picture shows the Akira (saucer only) on the left and the Sabre on the right
    Picture174.jpg
  • finally getting a chance to get back to the molds for this kit. i'm starting to mold up the nacelles and finishing the mian hull and all i can say is this kit is going to take up 2 of the 2.5 gallon tanks to make one kit - good thing i have been casting some of the wings and the lower hull parts in the mean time. i think i'll be castig this in batches, maybe lots of 25, this way i can swap out some of the molds for some other kit parts or other kits, and right now i'm running 4 tanks and am thinking about starting a 5th.
  • just to let you know, i have been starting to sell some of these kits, but without decals. i don't know how long it will be before i get decals for this kit, but the decal'er told me he did get the copy of this kit and will let me know when he might be able to get to it.

for anyone not wanting to wait for decals, i am asking $50.00 for this kit plus shipping. at this time there is no box or box art, and i am still trying to make some sort of assembly sheet for this kit - so there isn't one of them either, but if you've been following this thread, it's not hard to see how it all gos together.

anyone wishing to buy one can either PM me or email me [email protected] i accept paypal and ship just about anywhere
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I always liked the nacelles on the stormbird. I wonder if those nacelles might fit a 1/1000 D-7 from polar lights?
  • Odyssey SlipwaysOdyssey Slipways0 Posts: 0Member
    sorry, i don't have one of those models to compare it with or even take pictures of together
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    okay, i spoke to Ralph on the phone about the beak and how i thought it was another part in front of the head. after a few minutes of trying to describe things over the phone, the basics were worked out.

Ralph would like to leave the beak as it is now, very suttle. the beak i am looking at would be a bit more pronounced and a bit more like the drawings he is working from.

i asked if a separate piece can be made and he doesn't think so, BUT what he is going to do is put on a piece of clay and sculpt something basic and take some pictures of it for me. at that point i'll see how it looks - if it's close to call, i may put up a pole as to what way to go with the beak (unless i can convince him to make it a separate piece so the builder can choose)
  • Odyssey SlipwaysOdyssey Slipways0 Posts: 0Member
    yes macrylinda1? was there a question or something you were going to post with your posting?