Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Weird Maya geometry bug

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hey guys.

I recently started using Maya, and I seem to be getting some weird geometry issues. It seems that certain parts of my geometry has taken to not displaying as seen in the first image. Yet if I try to extrude an edge, the geometry will reappear in whole (second image), but will go away again if I pull any of the handles outwards, or undo it.

It seems to fix itself when I exit and reload the application, but it is really weird. Does anyone know how to fix it? It's not a backface culling issue, because that is turned off, and when I render the image, the invisible geometry isn't rendered with the rest of the model.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like the polys lost the shader information - assigning the standard shader should fix the problem.
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    It will most likely be the shader, as i exerienced that alot especially whilst using my laptop(not really great specs).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Hey, thanks for the replies, I will give it a try next time I have the problem, although I've found that if I regularly delete my history, I wont run into the problem, and it only seems to happen when I have a lot of history.

Again, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. :)