Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    ok, i just had some time so i counted the guns of the Assertor. took me an hour so i hope i didn't miscount. i tried to count the smaller guns as well. in the end i received the number 1283!!! for comparison, the Bellator has 179 guns!
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    You counted? Dedication :P

I have a running tally when I built the thing:
    In terms of gun barrels, we're talking close to 5000, none of them smaller than the ISDII's 64 main guns, spread over a thousand turrets. Bellator would have almost 800, also, none of them smaller than the ISDII's main guns. I can dig up the complete breakdown if people are interested.

@Comco:

Yep, single pass for each ship, though I'm sure I could have had the Bellator and Allegiance in the same file as the Assertor if I needed to.

ISD...may add that later; the Allegiance is 2.2km, so it might be understating the sizes involved a bit :P

Speaking of Allegiance: touched up version (I am really pleased with the new flares, if I may be allowed a quiet moment of self-congratulation):

43_small.jpg
    44_small.jpg
    45_small.jpg
    46_small.jpg
    47_small.jpg
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    If I didn't know you better, I might have just said that's a nice screenshot from the films... but its too good to be from them.

great work :thumb:
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    according to some orthos, size-comparisons and given numbers posted earlier in this thread i calculated some figures for this ships. figures for the Allegiance: 2250 x 1400 x 630 meters. for the Assertor: 15000 meters length given by Ansel, 7700 meters wide and 2350 meters high. for the Bellator: 7200 x 2660 x 1005 meters (length given by Ansel) for the Procursator: 1200 x 615 x 300 meters (when my memory is correct all three numbers are given by Ansel)

@Ansel: i didn't count the barrels. if i tried then i was not finished yet :p i tried to count the arrays or turrets or whatever you like to call that. when you say more than 1000 is not wrong than i can be happy, right? ;)
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    When doing a college project involving the dictionary (don't ask) and I needed a free moment to unwind, and went here to see the newest updates, the first thing that came to my mind:

'Ansel ' - Subjective Noun. Used to describe both by how many levels an object has completely exceeded the principles of 'Needs More Dakka' and 'Not Enough Greebles'. Example 1: This only half an hour's work for Ansel. Example 2: Now that's serious work, at least equal to a straight month of Ansel under pressure. Used both formally and informally, but always as a mark of respect.

Coruscant Imperial Dictionary, MMMCDIX Edition, By order of his Imperial Majesty Palatine the First.

-=-=-

Ye gods Ansel, why the hell Lucasfilms or LucasArts hasn't picked you up yet is simply beyond my comprehension. That or I haven't been keeping track and you -have- been picked up by them. The newest images of the Assertor are just flat sick. Mind-blowing sick. I'm using it as a wallpaper and friends keep asking me about a new SW game.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    46_small.jpg

Ok, I was about to use this as a wallpaper when I noticed what looks like stay paneling. Take a close look just below - and running parallel to - the right hand "trench" down the side of the ship...

Is it an illusion, Ansel? Because now that I've seen it, it's going to bug me forever if I put it on my desktop... ;)
    Dammit, it's a mistake. Good catch :) Try re-loading the image now.
    Much better. Cheers mate. :cool:
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Showing off again, I see. :P
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Jedilaw wrote: »
    Showing off again, I see. :P
    when are you gonna continue yours? ;)
    when are you gonna continue yours? ;)

I may have to do so in the near future, seeing as how Ansel is absolutely burying me under completed ISD projects. Granted, it's easier when you make it up as you go along ;), but still. At this point the major impediment to me getting back into modeling is...WoW. I resisted it for years, now I'm hooked.
    To show off some touch-up and modification of some old friends, I've put together a quick Classic Boring Fleet Pic(TM):

intervention_forces_small.jpg

Somebody just gave Lucasarts the cover for the next TIE Fighter game...
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Somebody just gave Lucasarts the cover for the next TIE Fighter game...

It's not nice to tease like that! :)

God, that game was ten tons of win in a five ton box....
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    No kidding.
    That's so amazing...
    Seeing only one of them would certainly demoralise a Rebel fleet, but seeing a bunch of them, oh dear me... That's Brown Alert for you...
    carlg wrote: »
    It's not nice to tease like that! :)

God, that game was ten tons of win in a five ton box....

Yeah, it was. The joke is mostly about the fact that Fractalsponge has already had his ISD used once by Lucasarts, in the cutscene for The Force Unleashed.
  • ulkeshulkesh0 Posts: 0Member
    I think I like your design over the 'official' super star destroyer... a great intimidating design!!
    Yes, Jedilaw, we do need to see more of that ISD...chop chop :)

And, since I can't keep focus on one thing these days... here's something old I've gone back to:

ful2.jpg
    ful3.jpg
    ful4.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks fractal,was hoping you would complete this ship and the hover tank too please.
    Cute little ship. Would have thought it would look better with smaller engines than those currently on it but what do I know, you're the Imperial design expert. :)

I want to see that carrier finished, personally... :)
    Nice.

One thing i'd pick at is: The shield generators look like they're in the wrong place. Maybe a little more into the body, like little slits in the body for where they are lower down.
    Yes, Jedilaw, we do need to see more of that ISD...chop chop :)

And, since I can't keep focus on one thing these days... here's something old I've gone back to:

ful2.jpg
    ful3.jpg
    ful4.jpg

Yeah, yeah, chop, chop... :p

I really like the panel design on this one. Not sure if it's really consistent with Imperial paneling as seen in the movies, but I's cool, so keep it up!
    Nice.

One thing i'd pick at is: The shield generators look like they're in the wrong place. Maybe a little more into the body, like little slits in the body for where they are lower down.

The sensor globes are fine; they're where they are in the tiny little comic sketch I'm taking the idea for the ship from: gielfrigate1.jpg

gielfrigate1.jpg

Tweaked the panels to be a bit less obvious, and an indication of size:

The ship with a quad medium turbolaser, a row of light guns with the last one the detailed version from my customs corvette, and a quad heavy ion cannon from the Assertor.

ful5.jpg
    Nice how you renamed the "deflector domes" as "sensor domes" without fussing about it. So often we uber-fans get snarky about the nomenclature...

Of course, Lucas did kind of cause the confusion by having the Executor lose bridge shields right after its sensor globe was blown off.
    *sits on the noob chair*

I always thought they were shieldy things, makes sense now. Thanks for clearing it up.

I just think it looks a tad, unbalanced. but that's just a personal thingy with me. Going well :thumb:
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Was going to post a pic of the Fulgor but it looks liek you beat me to it.
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    It doesn't have a command tower?
    Nice how you renamed the "deflector domes" as "sensor domes" without fussing about it. So often we uber-fans get snarky about the nomenclature...

Of course, Lucas did kind of cause the confusion by having the Executor lose bridge shields right after its sensor globe was blown off.

Do a search for the word "sensor" or "shield" in this thread. It's been discussed on more than one occasion now, I believe. ;)
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Awesome, as always! I was a fan of the original comic series and it never occurred to me to look for material there - good stuff!!
    I was out of town this weekend, so not much new to show, but here's the start of the antenna/dish work: ful6.jpg ful9.jpg And here's a detailed version of a light gun battery (simplified version below, detailed version above). Whenever you see the simple structure on one of my big ships, this is what it really looks like up close (variations in gun type possible, of course): ful7.jpg ful8.jpg
    missing one on the end of the simple. Other than that, nice :thumb: