Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMammoth Tank : Tiberium Wars Saga.

2»

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Melak wrote: »
    Nice progress! I really liked the lighting in the previous render, the warm brownish colors gave it a very..tank like feeling :)

Out of curiosity, where are you from?

Thanks malek means alot!! But im an honest person and im gonna say the lighting was done by accident,. But i will try to recreate that lighting for future renders.

Where im from? Wales. Cardiff :) In the countrys! I really need to update my bio
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Pad, I even bet a Abrhams driver would drool over that model
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    sweet thingie.

will the guns be able to pitch up ? or is it condemned to shoot straight forward ?
  • Dayton KitchensDayton Kitchens0 Posts: 0Member
    In regards to futuristic tank designs it doesn't get much better than this.
    @Fre'dni. Thanks!!! your support means alot! :) nearly done now!
    L2K wrote: »
    sweet thingie.

will the guns be able to pitch up ? or is it condemned to shoot straight forward ?

Ive looked at reference pictures of the mammoth tank http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Mammoth_Mk._III ( the promotional render picture). the guns can pitch up at about a 0-30* angle. But it dosent make much sense. The shock absorbers would be null and void, if for example that tank in the picture fired.

I will hopefully give it some pitch.

@ Dayton Kitchens Thanks means alot!

Update. Cockpit and some other small features done.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Maybe that's when they use the smaller guns :D
    Wait...are those guns, or just glorified exhaust pipes!?
    Update! Very close to the end now! Im so far happy with the result... Comments guys?

Hah they are apost to be guns malek but who knows what they were thinking when they designed this tank!
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    Is the turret hatch the only entry point? Now that I think about it, there is a Mammoth Tank in C&C Renegade (you play as Col. Havoc in first person). There are a few missions where you can drive one of these behemoths, and <s>any surviving GDI infantry (NPCs) will climb aboard and ride along, shooting at any NOD forces in view</s>.

-edit-
    My mistake. The game where foot soldiers climbed aboard a tank you drove was the first HALO game. Also, the Mammoth Tank is Renegade is pretty simple in its design. Just a turret hatch as well.

(been playing it again LOL)
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    heh Lizzy. Renegade is awsome!! .... Theirs a turret hatch i beleive, and theres a side hatch. Which can be seen in earlier renders...

update... Not happy with it so far the missiles look rather bland, gonna work on those a bit more and the render as a whole looks rather flat.
  • JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah the Mammoth is truely one of the greatest future tanks I've ever seen!
    Also I remember there were some nice designs in Earth 2160...

Great work, love it!
    Update! Pretty much complete now. I will add some more plates and hull when i can! But im pretty much guessing thats done for now!

What do you guys think????
    More Pics.
    Final Render
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    nice. are you going to do a render of the Tiberian Twilight version?
    Bloody marvelous! (I love that phrase :devil:) The details look pretty good to me. Do you plan on adding textures? That'd really make this mesh stand out even more.
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    That turned out nicely, nice work. :thumb:
  • JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
    What do you guys think????
    I'm thinkin about runnin' and hidin' :D
    Great work!
  • That looks really good, you should texture it, make it looks even better.
  • Dayton KitchensDayton Kitchens0 Posts: 0Member
    I don't want to sound like I"m gushing.

But this is one of those rare designs that simply looks better and BETTER the more it is worked on .

Not a single misstep with this beauty.
    Pheonix
    nice. are you going to do a render of the Tiberian Twilight version?

As. i personally hate the new tiberian twilight ... No... However i may do one of the Kodiak ships :)
    Lizzy777
    Bloody marvelous! (I love that phrase ) The details look pretty good to me. Do you plan on adding textures? That'd really make this mesh stand out even more.

Thanks Lizzy... Means alot! no really! hah. Do you think i should add textures... Second question. I know how to do UVW maps... But never one this complicated.... How should i go about it. And is it a problem one model having multiple UVW maps?
    Syklon
    That turned out nicely, nice wor

Thanks Alot!!! :o
    I'm thinkin about runnin' and hidin'
    Great work!

Id be scared if i ever saw one of these in real life :lol:
    Firelode
    That looks really good, you should texture it, make it looks even better.

Im Scared! To tell you the truth hah! :(
    Dayton Kitchens
    I don't want to sound like I"m gushing.

But this is one of those rare designs that simply looks better and BETTER the more it is worked on .

Not a single misstep with this beauty.

Thanks mate, means alot. But i agree with you. I loved adding to it constantly. With every slight tweak it just looked so much nicer!
    Thanks Lizzy... Means alot! no really! hah. Do you think i should add textures... Second question. I know how to do UVW maps... But never one this complicated.... How should i go about it. And is it a problem one model having multiple UVW maps?

Oh yes, definitely add textures! I don't think it's an issue if a model has multiple maps and textures applied to it. And it isn't too difficult to do. You could "cheat" a bit and apply some simple procedural textures with a U/V projection. Most 3D programs have simple U/V projection functions with Cube, Sphere, Cylinder, and Plane.

Here's an example of one of my models: http://sites.google.com/site/lizzy777/cplt.jpg

And here's one of the texture maps I used: http://sites.google.com/site/lizzy777/DHGCamoW1.jpg

Using just a Cube shape UV Projection tool (in tureSpace that is - your program may have a different tool or name) on different parts, I was able to get the worn edges look. That's just a quick and dirty method though. It doesn't work as well when you want to apply things like decals on a plastic model. For more control, it takes unwrapping an object and working with the texture map in an image editor. Or you could literally apply textures like model decals by selecting specific faces and using an appropriate tool. Someone more familiar with your software could explain it better than I.
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Oh yes, definitely add textures! I don't think it's an issue if a model has multiple maps and textures applied to it. And it isn't too difficult to do. You could "cheat" a bit and apply some simple procedural textures with a U/V projection. Most 3D programs have simple U/V projection functions with Cube, Sphere, Cylinder, and Plane.

Here's an example of one of my models: http://sites.google.com/site/lizzy777/cplt.jpg

And here's one of the texture maps I used: http://sites.google.com/site/lizzy777/DHGCamoW1.jpg

Using just a Cube shape UV Projection tool (in tureSpace that is - your program may have a different tool or name) on different parts, I was able to get the worn edges look. That's just a quick and dirty method though. It doesn't work as well when you want to apply things like decals on a plastic model. For more control, it takes unwrapping an object and working with the texture map in an image editor. Or you could literally apply textures like model decals by selecting specific faces and using an appropriate tool. Someone more familiar with your software could explain it better than I.

Thanks for the inspiration Lizzy means alot ill get working on a texture as soon as i can!!

Good News. A Mini Showreel showing the tank is up and running :)

Have a gander!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ndrTqcifM
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    I've missed this one so far but I've gotta say - Fantastic work PadraigBalch! What a great model. I must admit I was never a fan of the newer redesigns of the Mammoth. I'm an original C&C purist and I would have preferred EA to go with a more faithful update of the original but this really does look great. It's made the C&C3 redesign grow on me. :)

Can't wait to see her all dirtied up. :)
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    WOW this is a great model...been playing C&C for most of my life and i love the tanks and this model has made me love it even more....feel like going and playinging C&C 3 or 4 now.
    Comco wrote: »
    I've missed this one so far but I've gotta say - Fantastic work PadraigBalch! What a great model. I must admit I was never a fan of the newer redesigns of the Mammoth. I'm an original C&C purist and I would have preferred EA to go with a more faithful update of the original but this really does look great. It's made the C&C3 redesign grow on me. :)

Can't wait to see her all dirtied up. :)

Thanks for the kind words! Means alot :) At the end of it. well put it this way.. I couldnt even use 3DSmax, before i joined these forums :) So i think you have an excellent community here which im happy to be a member of!
    Thanks for the inspiration Lizzy means alot ill get working on a texture as soon as i can!!

Good News. A Mini Showreel showing the tank is up and running :)

Have a gander!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ndrTqcifM

Sweet animation. I think a good finisher for that short would be a fully painted model rolling up to the camera at ground level, dropping its cannon. Then, fade out!