Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPhase II Klingon Reconnaissance Vessel

tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hi there,

itA’s been quite a while since I posted here - currently I am working on a small vessel based on an Andy Probert design - which will be used in a few shots of the Star Trek Phase II episode "Kitumba". It getA’s blown up pretty quickly, so it wonA’t have much screen time, but I still wanted to build a decent vessel. So hereA’s what I got after the first day...
Post edited by tobiasrichter on
Tagged:

• carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    This is such a cool little ship design. That it's going to look great when you're finished is a foregone conclusion. :)
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Sweet...I am always down for alien designs!
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    It would be nice up agains his fighter design from the Ships of the Line calender.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Huh? I thought Phase II's done in the US?

Anyway, nice look.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    ThatA’s the fan made Phase II series, also known as "New voyages"

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    A very nice rendition of the design.

And an added note to say I just visited your site and saw the Federation Convention battle - very impressive indeed.
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Tobias Richter and the Star Trek: Phase II fan series. Now there's a team-up I can get behind. The CGI fx in the series started off good and quickly became great. Your input will now take them to a whole new level! Congratulations, Tobias. Can't wait to see this stuff finished and on-screen!
    Thank you - IA’m looking forward to the first episodes with my work on it that should be released this year ("Enemy Starfleet" - opening planet sequence & "The child" - all effects except beaming).

HereA’s an update...
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Nice work Tobias. I always liked that design.:)
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Cute :)
    Very well done!!!
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    Nice. I like it.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I know a bout it, been watching it faithfully since a year now...
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    Love the design, though I've always noticed that both Probert's and your 3D models seem far too sharp in the head area.
    IA’m not too certain what you mean by "sharp"?
    I think Andy probably wanted to give this much smaller craft (itA’s a one manned vessel) a different look then other klingon ships - and this design certainly does this, while it is still clearly recognizeable as a klingon design. So far be it from me to change anything about that.

Modelling is done - hereA’s the rest of the pics...
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    nice looking little ship.
    Done - ready to fly and getting blown up :lol:
    81763.jpg81766.jpg
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    Man, if I wasn't so busy, it might be fun to work on an episode of New Voyages. Perhaps in the future. Good work, Tobias.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Hahhaa what the heck !? :lol: You already finished that ! It's looking damn awesome as well, great work Tobias, as usual :)
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Already finished?!?! :o
    Bloody hell, youA’re faster sir!! :):cool:
    Thanks - and yes, this one was done pretty quickly. The textures might need a little bit more attention should I ever use it again for a closeup - but I guess itA’s ok for just getting blown up :)
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    I appreciate Probert's angular look--which is what you expect for a smaller Klingon fighter-shuttle. Now Probert also had the loop shaped Feddie fighter that would look nice chasing that design you have fleshed out..