Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNT Class

VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
taking a break from the tng timeline to go back to the NT class, thats screams to be textured :)

built this beuty some time back (6 months or so) and got to the point of texturing her, and abandoned her there! (sad really) so came back to take a break from the norway, and to get some good renders of her.

based on Tadeo D'Oria's NT class, I made some changes, due to me not liking some of the details, but pretty faithfull in all. pretty much done with the modeling, some odds and ends if i find them but done.

some preliminary textures and lights, still plenty left, but some good renders and ortho for this class :)

.. built this before i started to extract windows and panel lines, so a good chuck of time on re-selecting polys to texture this baby... so i recomend too start to extract cut out windows and panels and other various booleaned and extruded things so you don't have to re-select them one poly at a time.. quite a time saver..

taking my time, couple of plastic model contests coming up so concentrating on them for awhile.. but do get burnt out on occasion so will come back to this from time to time :)

Looks like i'm about to hit my upload limit here, so i'll be clearing out my backlog of images soon for those of you saving my wip images ( a miricle i know...) so save soon! (cheyenne and norway shouldn't be affected..)

so.. Pictures! Enjoy!
Post edited by VALKYRIE013 on
Tagged:

• rdudarduda332 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, nice design; Very Cool!
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    HA HA HA Back From the Dead!!

started on a the texture job for the nt... (need to think of a name and do some pennants and lights.... latter..)

sphere and eng hull are done, naccelles are halfway done... and the warp field governor ( the middle bit) is next.. then names and pennats..

till then Pictures!
  • TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
    I love this starship!!! Very nice design!!! :-) Love to see others design 22nd century ship. Good work on the detailing as well.
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    It occurs to me that at least one of the two windows to either side of the cargo bay doors are entirely useless (and maybe functionally impair the door mechanism).

Love the design thought, very cool looking.
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Not a beauty at all, but very good artwork!
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    An odd but very compelling design. Very good modeling job. I agree that a few of the port holes appear to be misplaced and maybe that is something easily fixed (textured versus modeled?).

Really like it so far.
  • RekkertRekkert4044 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,304Member
    WOW, how is it that I never saw this one! I mean, don't know if you know, but I'm Tadeo :D.
    I know it isn't exactly a nice ship, I designed it that way to ilustrate that in the Ent era a ship's function was more important that its shape. (But I must admit, I borrowed many design elements from a ship from Star Trek Legacy.)
    I never imagine this ship being so popular, Flanker did some images of it for his manual (wich I later uploaded to the JoAT).
    You're doing a great job VALKYRIE013, far better that anything I could do with SketchUp.
    Keep it up!:thumb:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    thanks guys! The Designer! Hey! Hope I'm not butchering it up to much :) I love the shape, kind of reverse excellsior eng hull he he..

for some reason i'm getting in to Ent era, and post-Ent era ships... for some reason i want to build alot of the ships from the starfleet museum and Joat ! And ur ship fits in quite nicely!

okay, finished most of the textures.. need some signs for the cargo lift and doors on the sphere.. but thats latter..

next is names and penents..
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The forward 3/4 view really shines.