Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Particle Rotation in PFlow

animatoranimator0 Posts: 0Member
Hi,

I am attempting to rig a PFlow in such a manner that the particles' rotation will follow an object. The scene contains rows basic instanced panels. My goal is to have these rows consecutively tilt along only the X axis (think of the display panels lining the base of the ships in the new "V" series). Either by following the animation of an object (Find Target, perhaps?), or by other means.

Attached is a quick screenshot of what I have thus far.

Thanks,
81877.jpg
Post edited by animator on

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Just use the "Spin" operator, and set the coordinate system it is supposed to use :)
  • animatoranimator0 Posts: 0Member
    The main issue with "Spin" is that it applies the same animation time across all particles, whether or not they are interacting with the Sphere object.
    What is it that you want to do? Make the panels tilt after the sphere rolls over them?
    Yes, that's right. I had originally wanted the panels to tilt by about 45* in consecutive rows, but the target object seems to be the easier way.
    Hmm, well this setup works for me:
    20100602144210clipboard.jpg

Deflector touches particle, particle dies spawns new, identical particle (to restart the particle age) which spins until it reaches the age of 10 where the Spin operator with rate:0 makes it stop. :)
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    yep collision is the way to go
    Now that, I had not considered. Thanks a lot for your help. Building on this premise, it should definitely be suitable for the scene in question. :)