Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPolaris's Constellation mesh in scene

Mycroft MaxwellMycroft Maxwell0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2010 in Finished Work #1
In light of Polaris releasing his Constellation mesh to the Downloads page. I thought i would show off a render using his wonderful mesh. Shes really a beauty.
81478.JPG
Post edited by Mycroft Maxwell on

• madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Whoa, that came out really well. Nice backdrop. :)
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    The upside is, your composition makes me feel better about my modeling skills. The downside is that it makes me feel less well about my lighting and compositional knowledge!

Seriously, | Have never gotten this mesh to look 1/10th as real, or 1/20th as cool. It looks photo real to me. You matched the lighting spot-on, and you really got the light to strike the detail of the mesh at that magic angle. It seems to have all the mass and inertia a real starship would have.

I have rendered this very mesh from every possible angle, and you have struck on one of the best for showing her lines off. You really give this lady her dignity. My thanks, sir.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    the windows look out of scale, i.e. too small. if they are supposed to be the size of windows like on the Enterprise A then the Constellation-Class would be some 500/600 meters or more
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    kuckuk333 wrote: »
    the windows look out of scale, i.e. too small. if they are supposed to be the size of windows like on the Enterprise A then the Constellation-Class would be some 500/600 meters or more

No, they pretty much match the studio model. In fact, I made them a little larger, if anything. I think they just made the windows that way on the studio model because it made the windows easier to build. They are just little porthole windows, 1/2 a meter across.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Mycroft, great job on the setting, and the dominant light source being reflected, the Sun/Star/alphawassit primary. Too many times I have seen lighting effects fudged in a rendering. not in this case, i might add. And Polaris, great modeling, as always. Nice to see another great model here.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    No, they pretty much match the studio model. In fact, I made them a little larger, if anything. I think they just made the windows that way on the studio model because it made the windows easier to build. They are just little porthole windows, 1/2 a meter across.

ah, ok. that explains a lot. if the windows are indeed only half a meter across then your right. but honestly it still looks a little strange to me...
  • Mycroft MaxwellMycroft Maxwell0 Posts: 0Member
    yeah i was thinking the same thing about the windows. But i knew it wasn't polaris's doing. I dont know what the kitbasheres were thinking when they built the studio model. Nevertheless its a great design, and polaris has really managed to make her look better than any on screen shot of her has. His modeling of the plates really paid off when i rendered this. I have to say, i was surprised when this renderfirst came out on my pc..