Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSapphire Nebula

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited May 2010 in Finished Work #1
I hope you like it:)

Please post comments, share your thoughts...

Attachment not found.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    My 2 cents: I would increase blueish reflections on the fusolage (stars are very luminous). as for the star points : the battlestar should cover the lower one not to mess up the perspective.
    To cover what?
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish10013 Posts: 5,351Member
    He is referring to the lower flare. However that is wrong. Lens flares are the result of light bouncing in the glass elements of an optical lens. So how the flares in the image is now is correct.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    I'm not talking about lens flares, i'm talking about star points:

4588606845_d483c6462a_o.jpg

I think the lower point of the first star should be partially hidden and rebounded from the battlestar,
    but it's just a detail
    No, it shouldn't be hidden.

I don't know why you think so...
    No i believe thats fine. Its a good looking picture. great infact.

However to make it look that little bit sexier? ... Make the image about 1600x800 so its widescreen... keep everything in its place but let the nebula fade out into space a little more. And so u can see the back end of the battlestar :) then i think the pic would look mega sexy!! oo maybe sharpen the nebula a little tiny bit? thats just thoughts of course. its good as it is :)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish10013 Posts: 5,351Member
    Uh star points are lens flares , the whole thing is a flare and it all will obscure anything in view that is in front of the lens. Google photos, that should prove plenty of proof.

The "dots" you refer to are reflections on each element within the lens body.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/lens-flare.htm
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice image but you might increase the area lighting just a bit.
    @Beti:

i suppose the stars are far because they're small. now i'm doubtful because of your comments so i tried to quickly
    reproduce the original scenario in a 3d environment for cultural purposes only (i like to learn new stuff). I suppose
    your artwork is a 2d image. i'm using lightwave and these are rough images:

4591424877_5b4710de78_o.jpg

4591424953_53f00a2ae9_o.jpg

I have not changed default parameters for lights in lightwave (as said before, images are rough).
    as you can see, if the ship has a different position, some rays, streaks, points
    (i don't know the correct technical word in english, i'm using terms I usually see in
    my preferred 3d software, maya) are not visible. in ral world light sources may become
    blocked (occluded) by moving objects.

@MadKoiFish:
    i'll read you link asap. enabling a lens flare fx for me means a bunch of circles, rings or hexagon shapes and lines in a single row across the view and star points represent the number of points on glow star effects but probably you're right and they're all flares
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Yeah, I'm not getting the first comment either... lens flares are the effect of light refracting in a camera lens, there's no reason why they should be behind the battlestar.. at least not in this context.

The star is for all intents and purposes just a tiny glowing circle, the 'star points' are part of the flare effect..
    Seriously... Nacho...

Have you EVER been in the outside world?

Tell me ONE OCCASION when some foreground object (tree, house, plane, umrella, etc) are actually covering the lens flare effect (the little circles and hexagons you seen eminating from the Sun)

Seriously, from now on, I'll just ignore this stupidity.
    Beti wrote: »
    Tell me ONE OCCASION when some foreground object (tree, house, plane, umrella, etc) are actually covering the lens flare effect (the little circles and hexagons you seen eminating from the Sun)

lol, difficult problem: i don't know, maybe your perspicacity or your huge capacity of speaking in a civil manner could give the result, eclipsing the sun. i'll leave this place, i really hate rudeness and butcheries