Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

HoloTutorial?

BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1178 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,621Member
Does anyone know of any good tutorials for making a holographic "billboard" type of effect, in either Photoshop or Illustrator CS2? I'm looking for an effect similar to the holographic billboards seen in films like "I, Robot", or "Back to the Future II". Much thanks for any help. :)
Post edited by BolianAdmiral on

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i dont seen how to do it in illustrator, but in a way its normal, i suck in illu.
    so in PS, transform tool your hologram image, duplicate it and blur it, and the blending mode should be screen.
    repeat the operation some times, and in the whole projected zone (between the projecter and the image). dont hesitate to use the radial blur in zoom mode.
    dont forget that shiny surfaces will reflect the hologram as well. (you can just paint reflections on these with the brush tool)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    well i can say that if you want some glow-in-the-dark neon-type effects you can go to Photoshop Tutorials, Flash Tutorials and More! P2L Tutorial Search and they should have a tutorial on that sort of thing if i'm not mistaken. i'm not sure about holographic of course but that sounds like an interesting concept as well.